Importing vehichles / Vehicle shipping

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wwguigrh
Tourist

Importing vehichles / Vehicle shipping

Post by wwguigrh »

Does anyone know what the procedures are for importing a foreign vehicle into Cambodia from overseas? Are there any taxes that have to be paid? Once the vehicle is in Cambodia, how does one get a Cambodian license plate (i.e. full registration)?

Also, does anyone know how to ship a vehicle from overseas to Cambodia, AND how to ship a vehicle from Cambodia to another country (i.e. export)? If so, what is the main seaport in Cambodia in which people import and export their vehicles to/from other countries? Does anyone know which companies provide this service?
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Importing vehichles / Vehicle shipping

Post by SinnSisamouth »

really unless its an existing car you own and you are attached to it dont bother especially if it has a large engine as you will be taxed at least 100℅ of the declared value plus import fees and shipping costs.

just buy one freshly imported from a reputable (lol) dealer
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Importing vehichles / Vehicle shipping

Post by beaker »

Then there is the problem of a mechanic to service it and getting parts if anything needs replacing.
So it's best to import 2 of the same make and model so you have one for a parts car also import a live in mechanic or have one on retainer that can fly in, when needed, who is familiar with the vehicle. Be sure that he or she brings any specialty tools needed too.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic