Phnom Penh rated one of the worst livable cities

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Phnom Penh rated one of the worst livable cities

Post by hanno »

Good thing Shitsville was not part of the survey:
Widespread corruption, poor health care and a lack of adequate infrastructure continue to make Phnom Penh one of the least livable major cities in the world, according to the annual Global Livability Ranking, released on Thursday by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/phno ... es-116895/
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh rated one of the worst livable cities

Post by mammothboy2 »

Phnom Penh would be a brilliant city ... if it weren't for the filth spewed by a million motorbike exhausts - if (IF!) the bikers could all
buy cute little electric bikes [some hope!] PP would be one of the world's nicest and most liveable cities.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

mammothboy2 wrote:Phnom Penh would be a brilliant city ... if it weren't for the filth spewed by a million motorbike exhausts - if (IF!) the bikers could all
buy cute little electric bikes [some hope!] PP would be one of the world's nicest and most liveable cities.
Remove the garbage, do not use sidewalks as parking lots, follow basic traffic rules, have a few parks and then it might move up a little in those rankings.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

hanno wrote:
mammothboy2 wrote:Phnom Penh would be a brilliant city ... if it weren't for the filth spewed by a million motorbike exhausts - if (IF!) the bikers could all
Remove the garbage, do not use sidewalks as parking lots, follow basic traffic rules, have a few parks and then it might move up a little in those rankings.
improve sewage / garbage management, healthcare services and public transport :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

be allowed to hug an underage girl in a restaurant
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Widespread corruption, and a lack of adequate infrastructure .
This is everything I love about Cambodia,I don't see it as a negative.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Micmac wrote:
Widespread corruption, and a lack of adequate infrastructure .
This is everything I love about Cambodia,I don't see it as a negative.
Until the day, God forbid, you have an emergency (fire, accident, etc.) and realize nobody will be coming.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

no money, all the help u get is tiger balm

with money, u get the royal treatment, royal as in cam style royal, so remember to lick a 100$ bill and stick it on ur fore head where ever u go :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Until the day, God forbid, you have an emergency (fire, accident, etc.) and realize nobody will be coming.
I'm pretty self sufficient,I learnt along time ago never to rely on anyone,So its no big deal for me.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Micmac wrote:
I'm pretty self sufficient,I learnt along time ago never to rely on anyone,So its no big deal for me.
You learnt how to tackle a blaze? Perform emergency surgery on yourself after a bike crash? That is pretty impressive :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic