Mikeys bar girl scam in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Mikeys bar girl scam SR

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

LTO wrote: I went in there a year or two ago. An old girl walked up to me and called me by name, which was kind of surprising. I asked how she knew me and she reminded me that we used to talk at the old Barbados, back before Mark died. Suddenly I recognized her, but that was like 14 years ago. That's a long time on the game. I asked about a Viet girl that used to work at Barbados, one of a pair of sisters, the only Viets that worked there IIRC. Used to be my pool partner. She rather casually told me the story of how she had been murdered about a year before. Had a Khmer husband of sorts, a motodup I am told, and a barang boyfriend on a stringer. The sort that would send her cash every month when he was out of country. She had been using the money to put together a little nest egg of gold. One month when the money arrived the Khmer husband strangled her in her sleep and disappeared with the gold and money, never to be seen again. She, being Viet and a whore, meant the police paid the murder no mind. Made me feel bad. She was a nice girl. I can still hear her voice a little. Her particular way of butchering English. Hard life, the game.
nice story, although kind of sad thumbdown
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
LTO wrote: I went in there a year or two ago. An old girl walked up to me and called me by name, which was kind of surprising. I asked how she knew me and she reminded me that we used to talk at the old Barbados, back before Mark died. Suddenly I recognized her, but that was like 14 years ago. That's a long time on the game. I asked about a Viet girl that used to work at Barbados, one of a pair of sisters, the only Viets that worked there IIRC. Used to be my pool partner. She rather casually told me the story of how she had been murdered about a year before. Had a Khmer husband of sorts, a motodup I am told, and a barang boyfriend on a stringer. The sort that would send her cash every month when he was out of country. She had been using the money to put together a little nest egg of gold. One month when the money arrived the Khmer husband strangled her in her sleep and disappeared with the gold and money, never to be seen again. She, being Viet and a whore, meant the police paid the murder no mind. Made me feel bad. She was a nice girl. I can still hear her voice a little. Her particular way of butchering English. Hard life, the game.
nice story, although kind of sad thumbdown
True, and I wonder how often that happens.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I went there about 9 months ago and it was dire, but the whole night scene in SR is dire I think.Good story LTO, life is indeed tragic for so many of the girls. What does the future hold for them and their children except desperate poverty.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

hanno wrote:Nothing like running past the place at 3 am. One look at the ugly hookers and their even uglier Johns and my piece picks up no end.
True confessions.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Good stuff, LTO.

It was overran with white chicks when I was there last week.

Classy joint.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

fvckin hot chix :please:
thru shit to more shit
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

Was the General in SR last week?

Will he be in SR tomorrow or next week? - a meeting is necessary so that
date stones may change hands.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

mammothboy2 wrote:Was the General in SR last week?

Will he be in SR tomorrow or next week? - a meeting is necessary so that
date stones may change hands.
Honestly SR isnt worth the visit just a dusty, hot, one horse town with 3 day temple tourist westerners and oportunistic bar girls thiefs.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

One-horse town? Maybe you should have ventured further than Mikey's Bar, loads of good restaurants these days.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

hanno wrote:One-horse town? Maybe you should have ventured further than Mikey's Bar, loads of good restaurants these days.
Its a hot ,expensive, dusty , small town with alot of temple tourists who dont venture out of there small groups.
Mickeys is a weird place but expats made it worthwhile.
The bar girls however need to cut down on there rice and noodles they are getting out of proportion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic