voltage regulator availabilty in siem reap

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
jmap
Expatriate

voltage regulator availabilty in siem reap

Post by jmap »

Hello, Can I find good voltage regulators in siem reap? They are just basically for 15-16 inch laptops. We plan to just buy two instead of bringing them when we get there.

How about powerbanks for laptops? are there any good quality ones in siem reap? Does anyone in phnom penh sell them plus shipping?

Thanks.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: voltage regulator availabilty in siem reap

Post by Sidewalker »

Buy a good quality UPS, then you have protection for under and over voltage and power backup in case of a brown out. I use also a UPS and bought it by PTC computer store at Savitha RD, opposite Ankor Market. They don't have the UPS in stock, it's come from there main branch in PP, but after 2-3 days, you can picked up. Website: http://www.ptc-computer.com.kh/
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
jmap
Expatriate

Post by jmap »

thank you for that link. good that you can pick up the item at siem reap without going to PP. I wasn't sure of the availability of ups in siem reap hence the avr question for now (then buy a ups later). How long do ups (the selections at ptc computer) last during blackouts? Mine lasts for about 10 minutes before it dies out -- and that with just the internet plugged in.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what ups selections I can find at ptc. Thanks once again.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

jmap wrote:thank you for that link. good that you can pick up the item at siem reap without going to PP. I wasn't sure of the availability of ups in siem reap hence the avr question for now (then buy a ups later). How long do ups (the selections at ptc computer) last during blackouts? Mine lasts for about 10 minutes before it dies out -- and that with just the internet plugged in.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what ups selections I can find at ptc. Thanks once again.
Depends what size you buy. Here is a pretty good tool: http://www.apc.com/kh/en/tools/ups_selector/home/device

In all reality, power outages here either last 5 seconds or 5 hours, so you will really only need a UPS for the 5 seconds.
jmap
Expatriate

Post by jmap »

Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic