Is it legal for a foreigner to carry a weapon

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Re: Is it legal for a foreigner to carry a weapon

Post by Retardedwaitress »

Kuroneko wrote:
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:Bbbbbbbbbut you just said:
Kuroneko wrote:
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:You can carry a gun if you are licensed by ... a coupla ministries.

Carrying it legally is a whole different thang.

Yes, a foreigner can carry a gun here unpopular to 440 idiots, if they have the correct paperwork.

So ... yes, you can.
Cambodian Law on the Management of Weapons, Explosives and Ammunition (Adopted on 26 April 2005)

Article 8:

No foreigner shall be entitled to possess or use weapons, explosives and ammunition of any and all types in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The Royal Government may, upon official request, provide for exception to body guards of the leader of foreign state such as: King, Queen, President, Head of State,Prime Minister and High Dignitaries who are paying a visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia.
http://www.vertic.org/media/National%20 ... eapons.pdf
So that means that GMB can carry one bein all SASsy and that I cannot?!

Outrageous!
Disregarding your incoherent ramblings. I recommend that you read article 8 again carefully, it is not that difficult to understand. Unless of course you are a "batshitcrazyweirdo" Oh wait :ROFL:
WTF is BSCW?
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

Kuroneko wrote:
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:Bbbbbbbbbut you just said:
Kuroneko wrote:
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:You can carry a gun if you are licensed by ... a coupla ministries.

Carrying it legally is a whole different thang.

Yes, a foreigner can carry a gun here unpopular to 440 idiots, if they have the correct paperwork.

So ... yes, you can.
Cambodian Law on the Management of Weapons, Explosives and Ammunition (Adopted on 26 April 2005)

Article 8:

No foreigner shall be entitled to possess or use weapons, explosives and ammunition of any and all types in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The Royal Government may, upon official request, provide for exception to body guards of the leader of foreign state such as: King, Queen, President, Head of State,Prime Minister and High Dignitaries who are paying a visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia.
http://www.vertic.org/media/National%20 ... eapons.pdf
So that means that GMB can carry one bein all SASsy and that I cannot?!

Outrageous!
Disregarding your incoherent ramblings. I recommend that you read article 8 again carefully, it is not that difficult to understand. Unless of course you are a "batshitcrazyweirdo" Oh wait :ROFL:
Hold on a cotton pick mf minute. Article 8, you say? Old shit. Best update. Do google, or you could try bing. I hear they say duck duck is good too.

Article 8? Wiped my butt with it last week. Now owning and registering firearms is like bein a fake indjan. Pay $5, you get gun. Easy peasy.

Or ya wanna get technical aboot it, mister?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Please get rid of BSCW before he pollutes any more threads with his batshitcrazyweirdoretardedbullshitinsane ramblings!!!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Please get rid of BSCW before he pollutes any more threads with his batshitcrazyweirdoretardedbullshitinsane ramblings!!!
2nded
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

motion carried.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Google​ wrist rocket
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Please get rid of BSCW before he pollutes any more threads with his batshitcrazyweirdoretardedbullshitinsane ramblings!!!
Agree with the others. We are just not adapted to take in special needs orphans.

Even his family have rejected him:
Re: The 'BSCW wallows in his own filth' thread. Enter at your own risk

Postby scobienz » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:50 pm
Ok. I think we've all had enough of this nonsense. Take a break batty.
[Khmer440 link removed.]
born2race
Tourist

Post by born2race »

As a young female foreigner here, what can I legally carry to protect myself in self defense? What does Cambodia classify as weapons?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

born2race wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 10:01 pm As a young female foreigner here, what can I legally carry to protect myself in self defense? What does Cambodia classify as weapons?
Pretty much the same as any other country, "Weapon means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm." You can't carry a weapon unless you have a good reason to carry one because of your work ( ex: chef carrying knives, farmer carrying machete).

https://www.unodc.org/res/cld/document/ ... 09-Eng.pdf
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic