Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2167
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Returnees from NZ had fevers
published : 18 Jun 2020 at 10:31
Four Thais returning from New Zealand were found to have a high fever on their arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday night.

Health and airport authorities said the four returnees were taken to a hospital after health screening at the airport detected high body temperatures.

The four returned to Bangkok on Thai Airways International flight TG492 from Auckland, which carried 179 passengers, two of them New Zealand businessmen. The others were taken to Bangkok Palace Hotel for state quarantine.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... had-fevers
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2167
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:09 pm

COVID-19 travel: Korean Air Cambodia to LAX via Seoul; what to expect (video)
By AEC News -
June 22, 2020

As some governments across the globe gingerly reopen air routes in an attempt to reignite trade and allow citizens to return home, the requirements for travelling between any two countries in an era of an easily transmissible coronavirus in the wild are subject to change with little or no notice.

To add to the confusion some government are doing a worse than poor job on detailing their national requirements, with one person saying one thing, a different official something else, and a third version reported in government mouthpieces. Unsurprisingly misinformation and incomplete information abounds.

In the video above posted to YouTube by Kelsey Sry on June 7, the videoblogger describes the procedures and processes leading up to and during her flight from Phnom Penh to LAX via Seoul on Korean Air.

In full: https://aecnewstoday.com/2020/covid-19- ... to-expect/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2167
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am

Travel is not much fun these days
By TTR WEEKLY -
June 24, 2020

SINGAPORE, 24 June 2020: Complications and uncertainty still surround the changing scene of travel and border crossings dampening holiday bookings for the foreseeable future.

PHILIPPINES
To curb the spread of Covid-19, the so-called General Community Quarantine (GCQ) is now in place for Manila.

Cebu has been placed under the stricter Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). Other regions of the Philippines are under forms of GCQ, Modified GCQ or Modified ECQ.

If you travel to the Philippines, you’ll be subject to Covid-19 rapid testing (RT-PCR) and quarantined in a government facility at your own cost. More commercial airline options are becoming available, and transit hubs such as Hong Kong are starting to reopen for travellers wishing to leave the Philippines. Airlines that are reinstating flights include the Philippines Airlines, Qatar Airways and ANA.

TAIWAN
You can only transit or enter Taiwan if you’re a citizen, permanent resident or have special permission.

Even with permission to travel to Taiwan, you’ll be subject to 14 days self-quarantine on arrival. From 22 June, short term business travellers from countries deemed “low risk” by Taiwan, are eligible for a reduced five day quarantine period on arrival.

Also effective 22 June for business travellers from medium-risk countries there is a shortened seven-day quarantine period. Medium-risk countries include Australia New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Travellers must have a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival, and must not have travelled to other countries in the previous 14 days.

NEPAL
Authorities say domestic and international commercial flights should resume from 1 August. Strict health and distancing measures will be in place.

AUSTRALIA
Qantas will suspend almost all of its international flight operations until at least the end of October, following reports that Australia’s international border closure would likely extend into 2021.

SWEDEN
Foreign nationals can enter Sweden, but you must be travelling from a European Economic Area member state, the UK or Switzerland.

DENMARK
From 27 June, nationals from countries within the European Union, the Schengen Area and the UK that have fewer than 20 Covid-19 cases per 100,000 people; such countries will be classified as “open”.

Open countries could be reclassified as “quarantine” countries if the number of cases per 100,000 people increases to 30 or more. The list of “open” and “quarantine” countries is published by Denmark’s public health authorities weekly.

SPAIN
Spanish authorities have lifted the “State of Alarm” reopening borders to travellers from the European Union and Schengen-area countries, with the exception of Portugal. UK citizens can travel to Spain without having to comply with a 14-day quarantine rule that has been suspended 21 June. Health checks at airports are still in place.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/06/ ... hese-days/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2167
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:07 am

Nobody knows...

ASEAN nations differ on reopening dates
By TTR WEEKLY -
June 23, 2020
PHNOM PENH, 23 June 2020: Tourism leaders from the 10-ASEAN nations claim they are ready to engage and promote tourism within the region’s member countries but have so far failed to come up with a timeframe to reopen borders.

Leaders of tourism ministries in ASEAN met with their counterparts from travel agencies in a virtual Federation of ASEAN Travel Agents event hosted online 20 June.

Commenting on the takeaways from the Webinar, the Cambodia Ministry of Tourism’s Facebook post confirmed countries had individual recovery and promotional plans at the ready but failed to reach a consensus or identify a possible timeframe to reopen borders. Tour operators in the region consider the reopening schedule crucial for survival. However, the Webinar failed to deliver clues on the region’s “D-Day” timetable that they so urgently need to reboot tourism and get staff back to work.

Cambodia Association of Travel Agents president, Chhay Siivlin, noted during the FATA webinar that 95% of the tourism operators in the country had suspended all business operations.

In addition to the country reports on the Covid-19 response, members looked forward at possible timeframes for reopening tourism, but there were considerable differences with Thailand adopting a conservative tone suggesting even a highly managed recovery plan might not see international flights resume until September. That would coincide with the bankrupt national airline’s restructuring. It plans to resume limited regional flights using around nine aircraft in September followed by an additional 20 aircraft deployed to expand services in October.

Thai aviation officials have hinted that September would be a more practical timeframe to allow foreign airlines to resume international services. Thailand has always been an important gateway for travel to Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.

The Civil Aviation of Authority of Thailand’s director-general has hinted that the ban on international flights might not be lifted when it is due to expire 30 June.

Thailand’s travel industry was hoping for a partial opening in July and August leading up to a full opening of international flights to airports in Thailand by 1 September.

Cambodia has not closed its borders. Still, very few airlines serve Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap, except for repatriation flights for Cambodians returning home or for foreigners stranded in Cambodia.
https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/06/ ... ing-dates/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2167
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:52 am

Vietnam and Japan have taken the first steps to lifting travel restrictions between the two countries.

JAPAN - About 440 Japanese experts and businessmen will be able to arrive in Vietnam from June 25th to 27th on charter flights, according to Japanese foreign minister Toshimitsu Motegi. He announced that Vietnam had authorized the entry into Vietnam of Japanese experts and businessmen, provided that they must comply with the measures to prevent and combat the pandemic.
This is the first step in the process of relaxation of travel restrictions applied by Japan and Vietnam since the spread of the of-19. pandemic.
Vietnam Airlines flights will take off from Narita Airport East Tokyo and land at the Gilfaethwy International Airport in Quang Ninh, Vietnam.
On June 19, the Japanese foreign minister announced that Japan and Vietnam have agreed to gradually relax the movement between the two countries.
In addition to Vietnam, Japan is negotiating with Australia, New Zealand and Thailand to relax travel restrictions for people with negative coronavirus tests before leaving and on arrival and having complete their travel report during their stay in the countries mentioned. (ENS / CVN)
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 2942
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 2373
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am
Travel is not much fun these days
By TTR WEEKLY -
June 24, 2020
TAIWAN
You can only transit or enter Taiwan if you’re a citizen, permanent resident or have special permission.

Even with permission to travel to Taiwan, you’ll be subject to 14 days self-quarantine on arrival. From 22 June, short term business travellers from countries deemed “low risk” by Taiwan, are eligible for a reduced five day quarantine period on arrival.

Also effective 22 June for business travellers from medium-risk countries there is a shortened seven-day quarantine period. Medium-risk countries include Australia New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Travellers must have a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival, and must not have travelled to other countries in the previous 14 days.
Travel bubbles are one thing but this grading of a country's perceived risk looks set to become standard. Not just a country either, but also it's region is that country allows free movement with it's region - think EU.

With the lifting of lockdowns now happening all over Europe and North America the dreaded second wave could hit in a few months. There are serious outbreaks already in Germany. The cost of getting economies off life support may come at the expense of being blacklisted for any form of leisure travel for a long time to come.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11100
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2387
Tokelau

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am
Travel is not much fun these days
By TTR WEEKLY -
June 24, 2020
TAIWAN
You can only transit or enter Taiwan if you’re a citizen, permanent resident or have special permission.

Even with permission to travel to Taiwan, you’ll be subject to 14 days self-quarantine on arrival. From 22 June, short term business travellers from countries deemed “low risk” by Taiwan, are eligible for a reduced five day quarantine period on arrival.

Also effective 22 June for business travellers from medium-risk countries there is a shortened seven-day quarantine period. Medium-risk countries include Australia New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Travellers must have a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival, and must not have travelled to other countries in the previous 14 days.
Travel bubbles are one thing but this grading of a country's perceived risk looks set to become standard. Not just a country either, but also it's region is that country allows free movement with it's region - think EU.

With the lifting of lockdowns now happening all over Europe and North America the dreaded second wave could hit in a few months. There are serious outbreaks already in Germany. The cost of getting economies off life support may come at the expense of being blacklisted for any form of leisure travel for a long time to come.
I might be wrong but from what I read, the outbreak in Germany comes from migrant workers in meatworks. They are all housed in bunkers and work side by side on the chain in the factories. Much like the outbreak in Singapore where the migrant workers are all living in overcrowded conditions. Poverty and the crowded living conditions of migrant workers are responsible for much of the virus outbreaks in the wealthier countries.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 2942
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 2373
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Doc67 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am
Travel is not much fun these days
By TTR WEEKLY -
June 24, 2020
TAIWAN
You can only transit or enter Taiwan if you’re a citizen, permanent resident or have special permission.

Even with permission to travel to Taiwan, you’ll be subject to 14 days self-quarantine on arrival. From 22 June, short term business travellers from countries deemed “low risk” by Taiwan, are eligible for a reduced five day quarantine period on arrival.

Also effective 22 June for business travellers from medium-risk countries there is a shortened seven-day quarantine period. Medium-risk countries include Australia New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Travellers must have a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival, and must not have travelled to other countries in the previous 14 days.
Travel bubbles are one thing but this grading of a country's perceived risk looks set to become standard. Not just a country either, but also it's region is that country allows free movement with it's region - think EU.

With the lifting of lockdowns now happening all over Europe and North America the dreaded second wave could hit in a few months. There are serious outbreaks already in Germany. The cost of getting economies off life support may come at the expense of being blacklisted for any form of leisure travel for a long time to come.
I might be wrong but from what I read, the outbreak in Germany comes from migrant workers in meatworks. They are all housed in bunkers and work side by side on the chain in the factories. Much like the outbreak in Singapore where the migrant workers are all living in overcrowded conditions. Poverty and the crowded living conditions of migrant workers are responsible for much of the virus outbreaks in the wealthier countries.
Sure, that might be the cause of the outbreak, but it still needs containing and if it gets into the general population again (like that housing estate the police tried to quarantine and it erupted in violence*) then we are off to the races again. It is now endemic in Europe, and will remain so until it runs through everyone or a vaccine is found.

*https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53131941
User avatar
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm
Reputation: 341
Location: Bangkok/Pattaya
Canada

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by ExPenhMan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Ugh! Doesn't look like Viet Nam will welcome international flights in July as hoped. Looking more like September, at the earliest, for open borders.
Vietnamese carriers’ plans to resume international flights next month will come to naught, given fresh Covid-19 outbreaks in Asia and other factors, experts say.
A recent announcement from the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) indicates another reason why international flights are unlikely to resume as the carriers have hoped.

The announcement said that Vietnam has not granted permission for inbound flights, except for special cases, from June 16 to September 16. The special cases include entry for diplomatic and official purposes, experts, business executives and highly qualified workers and those cases specified by the National Steering Committee for the Covid-19 Prevention and Control.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/e ... 19661.html
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11665
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2945
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by phuketrichard » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:58 pm

me, I'm ok with where i am but for those that feel the need to get back on the road;

Somaliland is open :beer3: :beer3:

Somaliland Lifts All Covid19-Related Restrictions Without Justifying the Move
Tuesday, that all restrictions previously imposed to prevent the intensity and spread of the pandemic have been categorically lifted.

According to the statement which the NPCCOVID-19 released the ban on both incoming and outgoing flights of all airlines have been lifted. Likewise, the lift will apply to sea vessels arriving at Berbera which was previously limited to seafaring ships, boats and dhows bringing essential, life-saving commodities.

Public gatherings and social events are no longer circumscribed, meaning conference and dining and wedding halls are, again, open for business.

All learning institutions will reopen and restrictions on passenger capacity on public transport are waived.

The government, also, lifted the ban on inland travel across the borders with neighbouring countries such as Ethiopia, Somalia and Ethiopia.
https://menafn.com/1100374938/Somalilan ... qF3__VmiAU
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests