Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Post by atst »

中華航空 China Airlines
1.Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is open for transit from 00:00 25Jun, 2020 (Taipei Time, GMT+8). Passengers must fly with the same airline group and transit within 8 hours. Traveling to/from mainland China to transit via Taiwan remains to suspend.
2.Please check the date transit via Taiwan and the immigration restrictions of arrival before accomplishing ticket payment.
Just looked at booking nothing SYDNEY/PP till August so will wait a couple more weeks seems August may be the month for flights
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:19 pm 中華航空 China Airlines
1.Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is open for transit from 00:00 25Jun, 2020 (Taipei Time, GMT+8). Passengers must fly with the same airline group and transit within 8 hours. Traveling to/from mainland China to transit via Taiwan remains to suspend.
2.Please check the date transit via Taiwan and the immigration restrictions of arrival before accomplishing ticket payment.
Just looked at booking nothing SYDNEY/PP till August so will wait a couple more weeks seems August may be the month for flights
I noticed that Philippines Airline are starting SYD-MNL from 26th June. No flights from MNL-PNH yet and no entry to Philippines either. But it's another flight getting you a bit closer.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:53 am https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3953473

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Transportation Minister Lin Chia-lung (林佳龍) on Wednesday (June 24) announced that international airline passengers can transfer through Taiwan, but will only be allowed to stay in the airport for eight hours.

I have used Eva Airlines in the past.. This will be an option if Singapore Airlines doesnt allow transiting ( as of now, transiting is limited w/ Singapore airlines)

International travelers can start transferring through Taiwan tomorrow
International airline passengers can begin transiting through TPE on June 25
Any flights planned from Taiwan to Phnom Penh in the near future?
yes. seems like they starting slow with a few at first ( end of july). I was just plugging in different dates..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:11 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 am
atst wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am Just been searching again this morning NO airports open for transfers even Soul for us Aussies as far as I can see, Singapore is open but no flights to PP.
Can anyone help, yes you can find flights advertised but when you dig deeper you can't transit.
agree.. i am waiting for singapore airlines to release august flight dates.. I noticed Cathay Pacific had flights. I was only checking for august tho.
You might want to start checking Korean or Asiana for your dates. They have a $180 refund fee but at least they are currently flying. If Singapore airlines don't open the route all the way to PP will they give you a full refund or only for the SIN-PNH part of it?
I think you would get a refund on the whole booking e.g LHR>PNH rather than just the SIN>PNH leg. Unless you booked both legs separately
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Journalists fly from the US to Phnom Penh International Airport and recount their trip:
Travel during the pandemic: Chicago/Sydney > Seoul > Phnom Penh
Globe staff members Andrew and Alexi made the trip back to Phnom Penh this week, in an aviation industry far different than before. Socially distanced boarding, face masks and dreaded swab tests, they recount the process of returning to Cambodia
Alexi Demetriadi and Andrew Haffner
June 24, 2020

Following a positive test on his flight, Globe reporter Alexi Demetriadi is currently being held in quarantine at a Phnom Penh hotel. He will be writing about his experiences in a series of blog posts over the next two weeks. He is also posting on a daily basis on his Twitter account.

Sydney’s Kingsford Smith airport was eerily silent.

It’s already not a major transit hub due to its geographical location and, with the Australian government banning citizens from leaving and foreigners from entering, the airport was one of the quietest I’ve seen. Travelling in a time of Covid-19 is cautious and socially distanced.

The departure hall, littered with high-end designer outlets and duty-free shopping, was boarded up. Chairs at the Heineken bar were overturned, shops were locked behind gates and even the once-glowing golden arches of McDonalds were dark and unplugged.

A pharmacy and a family run-Turkish café were the only outlets operating – the gozleme from the café was a particular highlight and was most passenger’s pre-flight meal of choice.

I was going to Cambodia, traveling to begin work at the Globe. Just a week earlier, my colleague, Andrew, had done the same, flying from Chicago’s O’Hare airport and transiting through New York City via John F. Kennedy airport.

We were traveling during one of the sharpest-ever downturns in global air traffic. According to 15 June statistics from the International Civil Aviation Organization, estimates of international passenger traffic for 2020 suggest an overall reduction of as many as 67% of seats offered by airlines. Thanks to ongoing pandemic conditions, that could amount to an overall decrease for the year of roughly 1.45 billion passengers flying around the world.

Both of us were flying on Asiana Airlines, a South Korean carrier, and transiting through Seoul Incheon airport, one of the few major hubs in Asia currently allowing transit.

International borders have tightened or shut entirely to non-citizens as a public health measure during the pandemic. In Cambodia, tourist visas and visa-on-arrival schemes have both been suspended. For foreigners who can get a different kind of visa, the process of actually getting to the Phnom Penh airport, much less leaving it, has gotten harder over the past two weeks as the Cambodian government bulks up entry requirements to prevent the arrival of Covid-19 from abroad. So far, Cambodia has officially confirmed 130 cases of Covid-19 infection, eight of which have come in the past month or so from repatriated nationals.

These new measures require non-citizens to provide a “Covid certificate”, or negative Covid-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival, and proof of health insurance covering no less than $50,000. Cambodian authorities are also testing all new arrivals for Covid-19 almost immediately after landing. After going through an enhanced customs and immigration check, passengers are shuttled to a testing station in a lobby area and then for a minimum one-night stay in a quarantine hotel while awaiting test results.

If even just one person on a flight tests positive, all fellow passengers must remain in a two-week hotel quarantine, after which they will test again to see if they’re clear to leave. Passengers on flights where all travelers test negative are allowed to return to their homes of long-term lodging, where they are asked to self-quarantine for two weeks before reporting for a second test.

To ensure newcomers have the means to pay, authorities have recently put in place a deposit scheme that requires all foreign arrivals to make a payment of $3,000 up-front upon arrival to cover any costs of potential quarantine or treatment. Authorities told me whatever costs are incurred will be subtracted from the deposit before its return.

My flight to Cambodia, Asiana Airlines flight OZ602, was a repatriation flight for the large Korean community living in Sydney and across Australia. As such, it was full, so even while we kept our distance in the airport, social distancing went out the window once boarding had finished. Asiana’s A350 was bursting at the seams with those returning to South Korea and a small minority, like myself, using Incheon as a stop-off point.
Full article: https://southeastasiaglobe.com/travel-t ... -covid-19/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Possible return to flight services to Cambodia by Japanese airline ANA before September ? However, take note that this appears to be a plan to encourage the reopening of business relations between the two countries, and tourists are not mentioned.

Japan’s largest airline asked to resume flights to Cambodia
By Phnom Penh Post -
June 29, 2020
To encourage Japanese investors, the Cambodian and Japanese Chambers of Commerce are planning to request All Nippon Airways (ANA) to resume direct flights to Cambodia ahead of a scheduled September return.

Cambodian Chamber of Commerce (CCC) president Kith Meng and newly appointed Japanese Business Association of Cambodia (JBAC) president Yogo Kanda proposed the idea last week.

Cambodia Chamber of Commerce vice-president Lim Heng told The Post on Sunday that the two sides are planning to send the official letter to ANA.
In full: https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... s-cambodia
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

atst wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am Just been searching again this morning NO airports open for transfers even Soul for us Aussies as far as I can see, Singapore is open but no flights to PP.
Can anyone help, yes you can find flights advertised but when you dig deeper you can't transit.
Hi All, Is there any more news on the Singapore Changi Airport transit authorised airlines? I'd heard at the end of June that it was only for a few destinations with Singapore Airlines only but I can't find any updates. As I was keeping an eye on a flight from London to Phnom Penh with Turkish Airlines and Jetstar end of July (£700 return). I know Turkish and Singapore are both Star Alliance members, which may help. But it's the transit and transfer at Changi from Turkish to Jetstar for the Phnom Penh flight which would be the concern. Cheers!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Wrightstate wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Hi All, Is there any more news on the Singapore Changi Airport transit authorised airlines? I'd heard at the end of June that it was only for a few destinations with Singapore Airlines only but I can't find any updates. As I was keeping an eye on a flight from London to Phnom Penh with Turkish Airlines and Jetstar end of July (£700 return). I know Turkish and Singapore are both Star Alliance members, which may help. But it's the transit and transfer at Changi from Turkish to Jetstar for the Phnom Penh flight which would be the concern. Cheers!
Singapore Airlines hasn't released August flight schedules yet-- I reached out to them via email and also Onetravel -- because unfortunately i used them to purchase the ticket. They both said to wait and keep referring me back to July's schedule. It's getting closer to August and nothing yet... frustrating
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

CEO Cambodia News reported a while back Singapore Airlines and SilkAir is flying domestic and regional only for now. To get to the Kingdom of Wonder from Europe other members are reporting using Korean Air and Asiana.

Good luck!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

all u need;

https://www.pearanderson.com/coronavirus/singapore/

June 29th
Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Frankfurt and London are added to the list of cities SIA Group passengers can begin their journeys and transit through Changi

for full list of airlines flying
https://mainlymiles.com/2020/06/28/whic ... july-2020/

Full schedule now resumes from 1st August 2020, subject to further adjustment.
....Singapore Airlines and SilkAir is flying domestic....
lol :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic