Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

The stable genius defends his betrayal of the Kurds because they didn t help us in WW2. In fact there was no Kurdistan at the time. Great and unmatched wisdom at work

Funny neither did the Germans, the Italians or the Japanese help us and yet we haven t abanded them (yet). What an Ass.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Post by explorer »

If the Americans were to stay on, how could it end, and when would it end? There needs to be a plan. Some may say, just stay there, with no end in sight.

America should not have been involved in a lot of wars to start with. Now that they have been, what is the best thing to do?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Post by taabarang »

"There needs to be a plan."

No one goes to war without a plan.

"America should not have been involved in a lot of wars to start with. Now that they have been, what is the best thing to do?"

You cannot "undo" a war. What do you suggest?

"Funny neither did the Germans, the Italians or the Japanese help us and yet we haven t abanded them (yet). What an Ass."

Actually they countries you mentioned did help us by losing. However they received help in the form of the Marshall plan, which also helped American Industry. Reciprocity at it's finest.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Following on the same logic, the Turks were somewhat less than helpful in WW1 (as enemies*) and have at times been a bit problematic as allies.

Back a few decades, there were many parodies and comic items regarding Ronny Reagan and his access to the Big Red Button, thefootball, etc.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, they** prove you wrong.

*Deliberately glossing over the Ottoman influence.

**you know. Them! And not the horror film villains.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I also seem to recall Mr Trump being less than willing to help out our country in Vietnam.....
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am *Deliberately glossing over the Ottoman influence.
"We like footstools, if fact I think there are some in the White House; but, they didn't help us at Normandy either."
:facepalm:
You could be next.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I guess explorer never heard of the Korean "conflict." Maybe they changed the question or it was before his time.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Weirdly enough they have oil.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:12 pm Weirdly enough they have oil.
shale oil changed geopolitics
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

After Saudi Arabia declared its neutrality during World War II (1939–45), Britain and the United States subsidized Saudi Arabia, which declared war on Germany in 1945, and this thus enabled the kingdom to enter the United Nations as a founding member.

Saudis supplied the hijackers that caused 9/11 and financed the Taliban, but we got their back and cover up their political assassinations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic