GM to go thirsty

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

GM to go thirsty

Post by Digg3r »

Seems not everything out of a Pepsi can is disgusting. Oh wait, it's Heineken...

http://anonhq.com/saudi-arabia-seizes-4 ... -as-pepsi/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: GM to go thirsty

Post by StroppyChops »

Oh, well played GenMac - great strategy!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ha! Those would be great anywhere you can't drink in public.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha good skills!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

This reminded me of my arrival in U.A.E.... A story GM might enjoy...

I had been in country about 4 days, and was working out in the arse end of Fujairah, close to the border with the small section of Oman that heads north to the Straits of Hormuz. I was alone on site and had a couple of days off, and an English colleague called and said to catch a taxi from the highway, and head into Fujairah city 30mins away to hang out with him and his girlfriend. He told me that the taxis were plentiful, just flag one down, and expect to pay however many Dirams. Cool, I'll do that.
So I walked up to the highway and after quite a wait, finally a beaten up 'taxi' (they were all corollas or Datsuns) pulled over. Fujairah? I ask.... "Sure!!! Please come..."

I climbed in to the passenger seat and we speed off- no meter to be seen. The guy whips off his dish dash and throws it on the back seat, and is now sitting in a pair of hi gloss, black underpants. Then he says, " pass me a beer." I was confused and a little stunned, and he said it again and pointed to a black trash bag in my footwell. Inside that were about 10 ice cold Heineken. I passed him a can, while at the same time sensing that this was not a great situation. I declined a drink, and the pidgin English small talk continued. He kept slapping his thighs, which was odd, and talking in Arabic. I started to feel uneasy. I stared at the barren landscape and rocky, parched outcrops, wondering where my body would eventually be found. I saw a road sign for Fujairah, we were heading in the right direction, and as soon as I sighed with relief, he Immediately turned left off the highway and started to climb a winding road into the hills. Fuck. He was a very smily chap and was in much better spirits than I. Then he pulls the car over and stops. "I piss, yes!" He said. Me too I shouted and got out. I had an exit, albeit in quite a remote spot. As I weighed up my options, he took a piss, just standing there in his shiny speedos, hairy back facing me. He turned with his cock in his hand, and with a big grin, he matter of factly said, "this is mine. Do you like this?!" He sounded a lot like Borat.
I just no, but thanks anyway, and headed for the highway, safe in the knowledge that I did not like that! When I got to the highway I managed to get a more official looking taxi ( cracked windscreen, ornate tissue box on parcel shelf, cd hanging from rear view mirror, AND the word 'taxi' on the side....) and made it to Fujerah, where my friends laughed and said simply, " take a proper taxi. It's like 'the hills have eyes' round here."
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Roald Dahl.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

vladimir wrote:Roald Dahl.

Tales of the Unexpected, or the Hitchhiker? I'm not saying all Arab men are Dirty Beasts. I did think about Going Solo but it was too far to walk.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

rick_o'shea wrote:
vladimir wrote:Roald Dahl.
Tales of the Unexpected, or the Hitchhiker? I'm not saying all Arab men are Dirty Beasts. I did think about Going Solo but it was too far to walk.
Very clever. :thumb:

So, that really is you in your avatar. 8)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: GM to go thirsty

Post by General Mackevili »

rick_o'shea wrote:This reminded me of my arrival in U.A.E.... A story GM might enjoy...
Haha! Enjoy this story? Hell no! This is the last story I wanted to hear, in fact. I hitchhike quite often in Saudi, and half the vehicles I jump in are sketchy enough without this story on my mind.

Just a few weeks ago a buddy was almost home and a dabob (whatever those micro machine-looking pick-up trucks are called that give cheap rides are called) offered him a ride, but he declined, as he was just a few blocks away.

He finally said, "free, no problem!"

He jumped in.

The dude was a fucking weirdo and was grabbing his dick asking him the same thing your taxi buddy asked you, LoL.

No such thing as a free ride, I guess.

The only driver I've ever had a problem with here was some punk who tried to take my hat.

A buddy and myself jumped in the front of a dabob. He spoke next to no English and decided he'd wear my hat and take a bunch of SnapChat videos on the way. Whatever, that's cool..

When we started getting out the fucker thought it would be ok to just keep the hat and waive the fee. No sir.

I made it pretty clear I was getting my hat back, name a few exaggerated grabs at it, etc.

I thought he got a little rude, trying to leave, so my buddy got his musical equipment out, and once that was out I just made a huge lunge at him in the truck yelling "fuck you!" and had him pushed up against the window while taking my hat back.

Threw the 20 Riyal at him and that was it.

Cheeky buggers sometimes.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

So, you say he liked your hat... ?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic