Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by vladimir » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:14 am

Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: The whole "moron" game was a public appearance thing... he's not as dumb as he gets credit for. Watch his behind the scenes stuff from the campaign trail and that becomes clear. The "dumbing" probably actually won him a lot of votes without the voters realizing it... a lot of people subconsciously resent those who they see as smarter than them, so appearing otherwise can give you a slight upper hand.
I have heard that from Bush supporters...."he only acts dumb". If that's the case, he deserves a fucking Academy Award.
LOL, 'plausible deniability'. It must rank right up there with the most far-fetched conspiracy theories such as aliens are plotting to impregnate white women in Mississippi State by posing as blacks or some such crap.

His father is no idiot, that's for sure, but I think the 'act' thing is the last desperate attempt to recover an iota of respectability for a complete fecking retard who only ever became president because they needed an idiot they could control easily.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by OrangeDragon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 am

Like I said, watch his behind the scenes stuff... guy was a totally different person than you saw on the campaign or later in the office.
User avatar
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 am
Reputation: 36

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by Satiated Parrot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

People also seem to be confusing the ability to communicate well with intelligence. Look at Vladimir. He writes very well, but....


Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Quite an

Post by vladimir » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:22 am

Satiated Parrot wrote:People also seem to be confusing the ability to communicate well with intelligence. Look at Vladimir. He writes very well, but....
Image

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Bastard. That's worth three puns, you wait!

And stop bragging about your bloody Samsung phone!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Nung river
Libya

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by The Add Jay » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:30 am

vladimir wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: The whole "moron" game was a public appearance thing... he's not as dumb as he gets credit for. Watch his behind the scenes stuff from the campaign trail and that becomes clear. The "dumbing" probably actually won him a lot of votes without the voters realizing it... a lot of people subconsciously resent those who they see as smarter than them, so appearing otherwise can give you a slight upper hand.
I have heard that from Bush supporters...."he only acts dumb". If that's the case, he deserves a fucking Academy Award.
LOL, 'plausible deniability'. It must rank right up there with the most far-fetched conspiracy theories such as aliens are plotting to impregnate white women in Mississippi State by posing as blacks or some such crap.

His father is no idiot, that's for sure, but I think the 'act' thing is the last desperate attempt to recover an iota of respectability for a complete fecking retard who only ever became president because they needed an idiot they could control easily.

dude your still on Bush? Lmfao. Why dont we blame Nixon. Get over it dude. He wasnt dumb by a long shot..its called being Human. I remember 2 months into his presidency he almost killed himself on a pretzel. The whole country knew he had a knack for ADD moments it was fun. I actually miss it now.

Also in regards to him not knowing how say names and flubs when given speeches. Its caused he never used a teleprompter and was largely done off the top of his head. Fucking awesome.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.


Ordinem ad Imperium
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by vladimir » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:18 pm

The Add Jay wrote:Also in regards to him not knowing how say names and flubs when given speeches. Its caused he never used a teleprompter and was largely done off the top of his head. Fucking awesome.
I'm assuming, from your post, that you taught him English. Spot the mistakes. Enough said. :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by OrangeDragon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:03 am

vladimir wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:Also in regards to him not knowing how say names and flubs when given speeches. Its caused he never used a teleprompter and was largely done off the top of his head. Fucking awesome.
I'm assuming, from your post, that you taught him English. Spot the mistakes. Enough said. :lol:
Didn't someone recently ride your ass about making grammatical mistakes while also advertising yourself as a teacher for hire on the same site?

The common mistake is "conversational" English vs "proper" english.. people typing in a chat or on a forum usually are doing stream of thought "conversational" vs planned and edited "proper". Much like Bush did.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by vladimir » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:11 am

No, my arse is virgin.

Well, apart from the dwarf, but that was a small mistake.

OD, I think you will find that your theory is BS. James Joyce wrote stream of thought (consciousness, actually). Punctuation and grammar perhaps, but...'say' instead of 'to say'' and 'caused', no.

I brought it up because this guy was telling us that Bush is actually a hidden genius in terrible language. I think it's ironic and maybe pertinent. Perhaps you'd like me to stay away form your holy cows, warmongering and gun effups by the US?

It's no problem, I can do it.Seriously.

I think the topic (foreign policy fuck-ups) is perhaps sensitive to you, since you were in the armed forces.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by OrangeDragon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:54 am

vladimir wrote: OD, I think you will find that your theory is BS. James Joyce wrote stream of thought (consciousness, actually). Punctuation and grammar perhaps, but...'say' instead of 'to say'' and 'caused', no.

I brought it up because this guy was telling us that Bush is actually a hidden genius in terrible language. I think it's ironic and maybe pertinent. Perhaps you'd like me to stay away form your holy cows, warmongering and gun effups by the US?

It's no problem, I can do it.Seriously.
Hidden genius, I'd say no. But certainly not as dumb as he's portrayed. And you're correction is amusing, as Joyce was edited before print. Stream of consciousness in that sense is a prose form, not a description of the process. That's why I used a different term. For example: aside from spellcheck red squiggles I never check and recheck my posts here for grammatical errors... meaning i'll miss the s on a plural, use to instead of too, misspell pray with prat. Much like you used "form" when you meant "from" above.

All things spell check doesn't care about... and because it's conversational vs publication, neither do i (though the to/too thing does bug me... but i very rarely mess it up). These errors are to be expected in something coming out nearly the speed of thought (depending on your typing skills) and unedited. Even self edited actually, because your brain can fool you with its whole making up for mistakes as you read thing:

Image

Some people are also prone to what i like to call "speakos", have you never had one word in your head and another come out your mouth? Most people have... especially when speaking under pressure. This would easily explain the "is our children learning" thing, especially if you listen to it vs seeing it in print. But it's just become so much more common to be OVERLY critical of politicians in general, dehumanizing them and seeing them as some "other" that expectations have become unrealistic in this sense. I wonder, if there was a guy who had all of the right answers for world problems, but spoke them like a half retarded 4th grader, would you even bother to listen?
vladimir wrote: I think the topic (foreign policy fuck-ups) is perhaps sensitive to you, since you were in the armed forces.
Complete misread. I just don't think they are fuck ups... because I think you have a naive and narrow view about how global politics works and what would happen if religious fanatic dictators were left unchecked on expansionist frenzy... I would think WW2 would have taught us that lesson well enough. And in a country dominated by a form of religion that places itself as "law" and seeks expansion, that is the common and almost unavoidable outcome... because no moderate will be powerful enough in the face of a fanatic, and such things will always create fanatics and those who wish to follow them.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Quite an "about-face" over Iraq

Post by vladimir » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:49 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
vladimir wrote: I think the topic (foreign policy fuck-ups) is perhaps sensitive to you, since you were in the armed forces.
Complete misread. I just don't think they are fuck ups... because I think you have a naive and narrow view about how global politics works and what would happen if religious fanatic dictators were left unchecked on expansionist frenzy... I would think WW2 would have taught us that lesson well enough. And in a country dominated by a form of religion that places itself as "law" and seeks expansion, that is the common and almost unavoidable outcome... because no moderate will be powerful enough in the face of a fanatic, and such things will always create fanatics and those who wish to follow them.
I think you like to assume too much.

If I had my way, religious fundamentalists would be institionalised, I'm very aware of the damage they can do. However, I'm also acutely aware of WHY they have an audience, and that, I think, is something you choose to ignore. Unless there is a commonly quoted wronged group to appeal to, religious nutters don't have an audience. Find the source of the wrong/perceived complaint, do what you can to fix it (try it without bombs this time), and you eliminate their support base.I assume by religious fanatic dictators you are referring to Hitler, I wouldn't call him a religious fanatic dictator, just a fanatic dictator.

Replace 'dominated by a form of religion which sees itself as above the law' in your post and replace it with 'dominated by a form of corrupt capitalism which sees itself as above international law', and you have a pretty good idea of a certain country...jeez, who could it be? :D

America has its own religious nutters and there is a very large body of people who would have loved to have installed dictators throughout US history. The extremism of Republican/Democrat politics, which has basically made beneficial government extremely difficult is proof of the antagonism needed before people consider extreme leadership options.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post