Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

President Trump on Thursday denied that the Navy would strip a service member of his SEAL status following an acquittal of murder charges against the officer earlier this year.

"The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin," Trump tweeted. "This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!"

The president's tweet came following multiple reports in recent days that the Navy would start the process to take away Gallagher's trident, which would all but remove him as a member of the elite SEAL team.

Gallagher was convicted earlier this year of one charge of posing with an ISIS captive’s body. He was acquitted on more serious charges related to an incident where he allegedly shot at several civilians during a 2017 deployment and killed the ISIS captive, who was already injured, with a hunting knife.

Trump last week signed an order restoring Gallagher's rank to chief petty officer after it was downgraded during his trial. He also granted pardons to two other service members in cases involving allegations of war crimes.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4714 ... war-crimes


The Uniform Code of Military Justice is of little importance in this sycophants quest for votes!
User avatar
j57
Expatriate
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:46 pm
Reputation: 167
Location: Siem Reap
United States of America

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by j57 »

you know nothing about this case other what cnn has bottle fed you.
your pathetic headline proves you are incapable of looking at facts and drawing a balanced conclusion.
the military courts need an overhaul.
President Trump righted 3 wrongs last week.
obama traded 8 hardcore killers for 1 deserter and had a media love fest in the rose garden...
One of those pardoned said it all last week when he said that the military would go to the gates of hell for This President and kick them down. Because, they know He has their backs.
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3991
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 1003

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What he said...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

j57 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:36 am you know nothing about this case other what cnn has bottle fed you.
your pathetic headline proves you are incapable of looking at facts and drawing a balanced conclusion.
the military courts need an overhaul.
President Trump righted 3 wrongs last week.
obama traded 8 hardcore killers for 1 deserter and had a media love fest in the rose garden...
One of those pardoned said it all last week when he said that the military would go to the gates of hell for This President and kick them down. Because they know He has their backs.
You write with such conviction as to what I know and my sources, I am surprised and will definitely make sure my drapes are tightly closed when I dress in the future. I do not watch cnn. Obama is not the topic but a good deflection. He was wrong when he traded Taliban for a deserter but two wrongs don t make a right. Of course, one that is pardoned thinks it is great. Duh. The Waffen ss went to hell for Hitler so Hitler was a great man too according to your argument. My argument is pathetic, bottle-fed and I am incapable in your ever so humble opinion. You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 800
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by pczz »

j57 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:36 am you know nothing about this case other what cnn has bottle fed you.
your pathetic headline proves you are incapable of looking at facts and drawing a balanced conclusion.
the military courts need an overhaul.
President Trump righted 3 wrongs last week.
obama traded 8 hardcore killers for 1 deserter and had a media love fest in the rose garden...
One of those pardoned said it all last week when he said that the military would go to the gates of hell for This President and kick them down. Because, they know He has their backs.
And presumably what the Trump baby knows about his case is from what he watched on Fox news? The real issue is how many US and other soldiers will be tortured becasue The baby has said that war crimes can be committed with impunity by American troops, and the other side will fight fire with fire. We have the same bullshit in the UK with Johnson baby trying to block war crimes investigations into British troop. At the end of the day "the West" is supposed to stand up for law an order, not brutalty and thuggery. The end result will be the sight of more Americans stripped and mutilated like in Mogadishu
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper demanded the resignation of the Navy’s top civilian leader on Sunday, an abrupt move aimed at ending an extraordinary dispute between President Trump and his own senior military leadership over the fate of a SEAL commando in a war crimes case. Mr. Spencer had also provoked Mr. Trump’s ire by threatening to resign over the case and by publicly saying he disagreed with the president’s decision to intervene in favor of the commando, Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, Defense Department officials said. Before his term as Secretary of the Navy, he was simultaneously serving as Acting United States Secretary of Defense and Acting United States Deputy Secretary of Defense. Spencer attended Rollins College as an undergraduate, majoring in economics. After graduating, he joined the United States Marine Corps, serving as a Marine Aviator from 1976 to 1981.

Trump received five deferments during the height of the Vietnam War. Four were for education, while the fifth was a medical waiver for bone spurs in his feet. No Trump has served in the US military since their arrival in America in 1875 , though President Trump was comparing sex to Vietnam, said in 1997 he should receive the Congressional Medal of Honor.

User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 9210
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4881
Burkina Faso

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 pm
j57 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:36 am you know nothing about this case other what cnn has bottle fed you.
your pathetic headline proves you are incapable of looking at facts and drawing a balanced conclusion.
the military courts need an overhaul.
President Trump righted 3 wrongs last week.
obama traded 8 hardcore killers for 1 deserter and had a media love fest in the rose garden...
One of those pardoned said it all last week when he said that the military would go to the gates of hell for This President and kick them down. Because, they know He has their backs.
And presumably what the Trump baby knows about his case is from what he watched on Fox news? The real issue is how many US and other soldiers will be tortured becasue The baby has said that war crimes can be committed with impunity by American troops, and the other side will fight fire with fire. We have the same bullshit in the UK with Johnson baby trying to block war crimes investigations into British troop. At the end of the day "the West" is supposed to stand up for law an order, not brutalty and thuggery. The end result will be the sight of more Americans stripped and mutilated like in Mogadishu
It's funny how some people think CNN and Fox are the only worldwide news sources. I never use either.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:57 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 pm
j57 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:36 am you know nothing about this case other what cnn has bottle fed you.
your pathetic headline proves you are incapable of looking at facts and drawing a balanced conclusion.
the military courts need an overhaul.
President Trump righted 3 wrongs last week.
obama traded 8 hardcore killers for 1 deserter and had a media love fest in the rose garden...
One of those pardoned said it all last week when he said that the military would go to the gates of hell for This President and kick them down. Because, they know He has their backs.
And presumably what the Trump baby knows about his case is from what he watched on Fox news? The real issue is how many US and other soldiers will be tortured becasue The baby has said that war crimes can be committed with impunity by American troops, and the other side will fight fire with fire. We have the same bullshit in the UK with Johnson baby trying to block war crimes investigations into British troop. At the end of the day "the West" is supposed to stand up for law an order, not brutalty and thuggery. The end result will be the sight of more Americans stripped and mutilated like in Mogadishu

It's funny how some people think CNN and Fox are the only worldwide news sources. I never use either.
The only English language channel I is offered by our local cable company is French news in English (France24), one certainly gets more "world" news if you don t watch American tv. Sadly American tv viewers seem to have little interest in anything beyond their borders and certainly nothing that can t be fully studied in a 7-minute segment. American cable news is no longer news but editorial, making people afraid or angry is for more profitable than keeping them informed.
bong.kuit
Expatriate
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm
Reputation: 72

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by bong.kuit »

Here is another example of the heroism the US army is so well-known for. Thanks for your service!

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/25/ira ... 5KQIpLmMkA
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 4620
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2744
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Private Bonespurs Supports Convicted War Criminal

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"We had to destroy this village in order to save it" has now become "..destroy everything in order to save it"
The mantra of militarists of every stripe everywhere.

I just don't get it. I just don't get it.

Who would want to spread depleted uranium so recklessly, all over?
Who would want to randomly bomb civilians from 30,000 feet?
Who would want to rip people and communities apart at the masque on a sunny Friday morning with a suicide vest?

I know who
I know their reasons
But 65 years on, of closely watching - Still, I just don't get it.
(head scratch)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post