Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hunter8
Expatriate
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:23 pm
Reputation: 229
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by hunter8 »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am Because, totally ineffective.
I am no expert but i believe you are wrong. I’d get a bunch of cheap ones and replace them often to get rid of all the bacteria that got stuck on the outer side. And wash hands more often, of course.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by frizzie77 »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am They are not gonna lock down more than the population of the UK unless for a damn good reason.
Indeed, to try to contain the spreading of the virus.
And, so far, they've been pretty successful.
Have you noticed that there is NO human-human contamination, outside of China (or even outside the province of origin, but I'm not a 100% sure of that)?
ALL confirmed cases outside of China (and most outside Hubei province I think) can be traced back to having been in/around Wuhan recently.

There is absolutely no reason to panic, and keeping your family inside in Cambodia is way over the top.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am No masks despite the top experts in the world saying wear a mask.
"Top experts"? Where? They don't say that. Masks are totally ineffective against viruses, and on top of that it's 1 case in Chinksville, whereas this press conference was in Phnom Penh.

But, to be honest, I'll never wear a mask, not even when there are 1000 cases in Phnom Penh. Because, totally ineffective.
I suggest you read the post links especially the videos from Hong Kong top virologists. And if you're gone expect Mish to have more beer. :beer3:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am They are not gonna lock down more than the population of the UK unless for a damn good reason.
Indeed, to try to contain the spreading of the virus.
And, so far, they've been pretty successful.
Have you noticed that there is NO human-human contamination, outside of China (or even outside the province of origin, but I'm not a 100% sure of that)?
ALL confirmed cases outside of China (and most outside Hubei province I think) can be traced back to having been in/around Wuhan recently.

There is absolutely no reason to panic, and keeping your family inside in Cambodia is way over the top.
You sound like a government official. :beer3:
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by frizzie77 »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:19 am
frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am Because, totally ineffective.
I am no expert but i believe you are wrong. I’d get a bunch of cheap ones and replace them often to get rid of all the bacteria that got stuck on the outer side. And wash hands more often, of course.
I'm sorry, but you don't "see" bacteria. There are millions of bacteria all over your body. Do you see them?
What you see are particles. And yes, a mask can filter particles. However, those are - I don't know the exact number - but probably a million times larger than bacteria or viruses. And that's why these masks are totally inefficient. Just think of gaps where they are supposed to be 'closing' on your face skin.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:29 am
hunter8 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:19 am
frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am Because, totally ineffective.
I am no expert but i believe you are wrong. I’d get a bunch of cheap ones and replace them often to get rid of all the bacteria that got stuck on the outer side. And wash hands more often, of course.
I'm sorry, but you don't "see" bacteria. There are millions of bacteria all over your body. Do you see them?
What you see are particles. And yes, a mask can filter particles. However, those are - I don't know the exact number - but probably a million times larger than bacteria or viruses. And that's why these masks are totally inefficient. Just think of gaps where they are supposed to be 'closing' on your face skin.
You are welcome to carry on as 'normal' while China locks down over 50 million official orders to 'stay inside'- get real sir.

The Philippines is to deport 500 Chinese citizens who arrived in the country from Wuhan in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The tourists were heading to Boracay for a holiday but will now be sent straight back.

“Philippine authorities are sending back nearly 500 Chinese tourists who came from Wuhan,” reports CNA.

Four flights were arranged to take the tourists back to Wuhan despite none of them showing symptoms of the virus.
Last edited by Mishmash on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by frizzie77 »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 am
frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am No masks despite the top experts in the world saying wear a mask.
"Top experts"? Where? They don't say that. Masks are totally ineffective against viruses, and on top of that it's 1 case in Chinksville, whereas this press conference was in Phnom Penh.

But, to be honest, I'll never wear a mask, not even when there are 1000 cases in Phnom Penh. Because, totally ineffective.
I suggest you read the post links especially the videos from Hong Kong top virologists. And if you're gone expect Mish to have more beer. :beer3:
We have come to know you as fearmongering, so I suppose all this fits you very well.
If I'm gone, I'm gone.
BUT if you are gone while you have been wearing your (fake) face mask, while I'm still around wearing no protection whatsoever, the beers are on me.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:34 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 am
frizzie77 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:14 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am No masks despite the top experts in the world saying wear a mask.
"Top experts"? Where? They don't say that. Masks are totally ineffective against viruses, and on top of that it's 1 case in Chinksville, whereas this press conference was in Phnom Penh.

But, to be honest, I'll never wear a mask, not even when there are 1000 cases in Phnom Penh. Because, totally ineffective.
I suggest you read the post links especially the videos from Hong Kong top virologists. And if you're gone expect Mish to have more beer. :beer3:
We have come to know you as fearmongering, so I suppose all this fits you very well.
If I'm gone, I'm gone.
BUT if you are gone while you have been wearing your (fake) face mask, while I'm still around wearing no protection whatsoever, the beers are on me.
Good thread though - even you contribute! :beer3:
hunter8
Expatriate
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:23 pm
Reputation: 229
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by hunter8 »

“Honey, we are going to play hospital. Take off clothes, put on this mask and get in bed for antivirus therapy.” If the “honey” is Chinese, the role play is more authentic.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by frizzie77 »

It's called "playing doctor"!

(Or am I too old-fashioned in this regard?)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyKK, beaker, Doc67, phuketrichard, Spigzy, truffledog and 168 guests