- Posts: 11908
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
- Reputation: 3033
- Location: Atlantis
cant see the reason for this as it will hinder increased tourism
https://laotiantimes.com/2019/10/18/nin ... eB0v8O7ecwAccording to a notice issued by the Prime Minister’s Office on Wednesday, nine of Laos’s border checkpoints will discontinue providing visa on arrival services to tourists.
The notice orders the closure of visa on arrival units at nine border checkpoints:
– Pang Hok (Phongsaly Province) bordering China
– Nam Soy (Huaphanh Province) bordering Vietnam
– Nam Kan (Xieng Khouang Province) bordering Vietnam
– Nam Ngeun (Xayaboury Province) bordering Thailand
– Nam Heuang (Xayaboury Province) bordering Thailand
– Nam Phao (Khammouane Province) bordering Vietnam
– Na Phao (Khammouane Province) bordering Vietnam
– Savannakhet International Airport
– Phou Keua (Attapeu Province) bordering Vietnam
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been tasked with coordinating the closure of the visa units and is to ensure that no disruptions are caused at border checkpoints.
Laos launched an e-visa service earlier this year, but so far this is only available for use at three checkpoints; Wattay International Airport, The First Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge, and Luang Prabang International Airport.
- Similar Topics
- Last post