Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Post by crob »

bong.kuit wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm
crob wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:05 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:48 pm
PR stunt to play on peoples emotions

PS:
Sigmoid, Thanks for the above
Jesus Christ, why would you put her on in that shirt... feel sorry for her, shes too young to understand how she is being puppet-ed and all the bull shit shes going receive over the next few years is going to be a lot for a young person to deal with.
And there was me thinking that every sane person would be anti-fascist. Iirc the Americans are quite fond of celebrating their soldiers who took part in freeing Europe from the fascists. How times have changed...
antifa, the group who enforce there own ideology on other people, sometimes with violence, with no tolerance to any other opinion sounds pretty fascists to me.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

crob wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:03 pm
bong.kuit wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm
crob wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:05 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:48 pm
PR stunt to play on peoples emotions

PS:
Sigmoid, Thanks for the above
Jesus Christ, why would you put her on in that shirt... feel sorry for her, shes too young to understand how she is being puppet-ed and all the bull shit shes going receive over the next few years is going to be a lot for a young person to deal with.
And there was me thinking that every sane person would be anti-fascist. Iirc the Americans are quite fond of celebrating their soldiers who took part in freeing Europe from the fascists. How times have changed...
antifa, the group who enforce there own ideology on other people, sometimes with violence, with no tolerance to any other opinion sounds pretty fascists to me.
You confuse authoritarian and fascist. And T-shirts that state a political view with "member-shirts" of the Antifa (or is that shirt actually an "Antifa-shirt"? I honestly don't know.)

The difficult question is how much intolerance should a democracy (that is inherently based on tolerance) allow, and what should it do with intolerant people. Every democracy draws the line somewhere, be it laws against hate speech, certain parties being forbidden etc. I am unsure about the question of violence myself, but a part of me definitely enjoys when a pig like Richard Spencer gets slapped.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

yong wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:18 pm Image
Hey, let's all mock a 16 year old kid for being concerned about the environment. That seems like an adult thing to do. :BangHead:
The whole planet pollution thing is this kid's fault for pointing fingers at those responsible. Also known as "shoot the messenger" syndrome.

Get back to the kitchen Greta and stop making people feel bad about themselves.

As I said before, I prefer to listen to scientists for information on climate change and other scientific questions, but I really don't get the hate posts on a kid who is trying to do what she thinks is right. Without hate. :?

What is bugging the haters ? Are you afraid of this kid because she speaks her mind ? It's amazing.
She is criticized for being emotive and creating fear( by shaming those in power), yet those who criticize her are also trying to provoke emotions among their supporters by provoking hate and fear. " Watch out, this 16yo kid is scary and dangerous ?" :mob:

FFS.
Not a kid here:
Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:19 pm Sir David Attenborough | A message to world leaders
Sep 23, 2019
Watch Sir David Attenborough’s message to World Leaders at WWF’s Leaders for Nature and People event, at the UN Climate Action Summit, part of the 74th UN General Assembly.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Greta Thunberg sings Swedish Death Metal

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Fuck that child. And fuck her for wanting to make the world a better place. The fucking retarded cunt
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

cptrelentless wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:48 am Fuck that child. And fuck her for wanting to make the world a better place. The fucking retarded cunt
cptrelentless wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:38 am The dirty, cheating cunts. Two yellow cards surely due. I might also point out it only takes 80 minutes to finish this this game, you fat, lazt American cunts
cptrelentless wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 am I am more impressed by the pointy nips beating last year's six nation's finalists than us sticking the boot up the retard's bumhole
Not happy today Cpt?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’m all for rational discussions, but the left relies more and more on emotional arguments to shut down discussion and demand immediate action.

Often with disasterous unintended consequences.

Or maybe intended if people are viewed as the problem and people dying is unfortunately considered a good thing.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:57 am I’m all for rational discussions, but the left relies more and more on emotional arguments to shut down discussion and demand immediate action.
Or maybe intended if people are viewed as the problem and people dying is unfortunately considered a good thing.
Leaving aside the ^^ underlined inconsistency...

- What is your appropriate rational response to the dire warnings of the vast majority of the worlds very rational and logical scientists??
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:57 am I’m all for rational discussions, but the left relies more and more on emotional arguments to shut down discussion and demand immediate action.

Often with disasterous (sic disastrous)unintended consequences.

Said the childless Asian who claims welfare recipients live in mansions, westerners are all suspected pedos and the invading hordes of immigrants are what is driving his taxes up. Let me guess, you would prefer to put off action until after you are dead so it doesn t cost you a penny.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic