Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Post by Yobbo »

She is an excellent public speaker!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:21 pm She is an excellent public speaker!
Probably had lots of personal training since her first speech. The one thing that I don't like about her is, she is right.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Has she broght up anything new since Al Gore's ,"An Inconvenient Truth" came out in 2006??

I often wonder how different the the world might have been if Gore had won in 2000
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Has she broght up anything new since Al Gore's ,"An Inconvenient Truth" came out in 2006??

Yep, first of all she doesn t live in a 10,000+ sq ft house that has a carbon footprint 21x the average American home, which we all know is three times bigger than the average UK home.

She doesn t leave her limousine idling for one hour during a speech; Opts for Swedish government jet over public transportation as mr Gore did.
https://www.climatedepot.com/2010/10/28 ... portation/

Gore is a f#cking hypocrite like all politicians, Greta is a teenage with Aspbergers, the funny thing is I dont see many people making fun of Gore on this forum. I guess for most of the posters a hypocrite that is in a suit, white and middle-aged and well off is a lot easier to relate to or aspire to than a 16-year-old girl that makes strange faces and doesn t kowtow to the most powerful man on earth, the Stable Genius himself.

and as far is anything new, I haven t seen anything new by Jesus, Mohamed or Buddha lately but they sure have a lot of people believing what they said to be true.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anything new? somebody asked

Only the next generation's truth.
They chose her. She's theirs. Their leader. Their truth.
You don't accept that?
It doesn't matter. They do.

You sure she didn't write her speeches? Who told you?
Or you just don't believe these kids are bright?
Because they agree with the science, and you have doubts?
It doesn't matter. They know.

Why do the scientists love Greta? And know she is right? And keep cheering her on?
But not you? Nor Donald Trump. Is he right for a change? And the science is wrong?
It does't matter. They know.

You don't think we have failed - with what we have left them?
You don't think we betray them, by refusing to change?

You think she is a puppet? and all those articulate bright interviews, are fake?
Like the speeches? and the kids? And the science?
It just doesn't matter. It's out of your hands.

:stir:
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:Anything new? somebody asked

Only the next generation's truth.
They chose her. She's theirs. Their leader. Their truth.
You don't accept that?
:stir:
Well said! We might have all kind of opinions on how things should be done, but they will live long after we are gone and do as they please by then, so we owe it to them to help them the best we can!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guys, i have believed in global warming for decades, long before Greta was born, u'd have to be blind and have ur head in the sand not to.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

I try to bury my head on the sand because I know this world is fucked and there's not much I can do about it. I can't stop China and India from producing cfc's (I think that is what I just read that it was) that are 20,000 times more harmful than co2. And they lie about it.

Pity my own kids let alone my grandkids.

I'm guilty too. I have 2 vehicles, a snow blower (I'm in Canada) a lawnmower, and supplement my heating with a woodstove (I'd fucking freeze of I didn't. It was -24C yesterday.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Dude, don't post selfies, you'll get in trouble for the CEO "outing members" clause
up to you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic