Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 am

Arget wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am
If it was 25 persons from one village and they all paid $30,000 then that adds up to $750,000.
The village could have started an industry that could have benefited the whole village.

BUT in realistic terms IF this was the amount paid by each person then how did they expect to recoup that money in the next 10,15 or 20 years and to profit after that time.

The problem is the snakeheads tell embellished stories to get the people to believe that they can make this money back quickly and do so by getting a good job when in fact if the do arrive unscathed they will be put into horrible servitude either in the manufacturing industry, the rural industry or in the case of younger females the sex industry.

Bullshit you say.......... no... I have seen the end product and it is not pretty and they are not making much money to send home, some none at all.

The recruiters "snakeheads" are evil people but the end users , the people who "hire" them are the biggest problem. Their purchasing slaves ( because that is what these poor individuals are) continues the trade and enables the shitheads to keep conning people with dreams of escape from poverty.

This is not just an Asian problem, it is a "First World " problem because they are the ones who provide the demand.
Without demand there is no need for supply.
You're not saying Americans that hire illegal aliens to babysit their children, cut their lawn or bus the tables at a restaurant are complacent in the crime of human trafficking are you? Geez I always thought they were just trying to stretch their dollar as everyone else does. I mean if a guy doesn t cut a corner here and there how are you going to pay for that new 70K SUV in the driveway. The first world is more than happy to buy Iphones made in factories that treat people little more than slaves or pay $100 for a Tommy Middlefinger shirt knowing full well the pay of a garment worker in Cambodia is $170 a month. Before they pay $110 for the shirt, ship the jobs to Bangladesh $95 a month. We have to keep that 1% getting richer or it will never trickle down to us.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Mishmash » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 am

Anthony's Weiner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 am
Arget wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am
If it was 25 persons from one village and they all paid $30,000 then that adds up to $750,000.
The village could have started an industry that could have benefited the whole village.

BUT in realistic terms IF this was the amount paid by each person then how did they expect to recoup that money in the next 10,15 or 20 years and to profit after that time.

The problem is the snakeheads tell embellished stories to get the people to believe that they can make this money back quickly and do so by getting a good job when in fact if the do arrive unscathed they will be put into horrible servitude either in the manufacturing industry, the rural industry or in the case of younger females the sex industry.

Bullshit you say.......... no... I have seen the end product and it is not pretty and they are not making much money to send home, some none at all.

The recruiters "snakeheads" are evil people but the end users , the people who "hire" them are the biggest problem. Their purchasing slaves ( because that is what these poor individuals are) continues the trade and enables the shitheads to keep conning people with dreams of escape from poverty.

This is not just an Asian problem, it is a "First World " problem because they are the ones who provide the demand.
Without demand there is no need for supply.
You're not saying Americans that hire illegal aliens to babysit their children, cut their lawn or bus the tables at a restaurant are complacent in the crime of human trafficking are you? Geez I always thought they were just trying to stretch their dollar as everyone else does. I mean if a guy doesn t cut a corner here and there how are you going to pay for that new 70K SUV in the driveway. The first world is more than happy to buy Iphones made in factories that treat people little more than slaves or pay $100 for a Tommy Middlefinger shirt knowing full well the pay of a garment worker in Cambodia is $170 a month. Before they pay $110 for the shirt, ship the jobs to Bangladesh $95 a month. We have to keep that 1% getting richer or it will never trickle down to us.
Actually they could be if you think about it. :beer3:

However they may not have been trafficked - they may be over-stayers or any number of things.

I buy my 3$ T-shirts in Cambodia knowing full well that they have been made in a factory here, possibly even by my own family.

My family are happy in the factories and have motos, smartphones well-fed (fat in fact), healthy and have gold jewellry. They are not poor really are they?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am

Mishmash wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 am
Arget wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am
If it was 25 persons from one village and they all paid $30,000 then that adds up to $750,000.
The village could have started an industry that could have benefited the whole village.

BUT in realistic terms IF this was the amount paid by each person then how did they expect to recoup that money in the next 10,15 or 20 years and to profit after that time.

The problem is the snakeheads tell embellished stories to get the people to believe that they can make this money back quickly and do so by getting a good job when in fact if the do arrive unscathed they will be put into horrible servitude either in the manufacturing industry, the rural industry or in the case of younger females the sex industry.

Bullshit you say.......... no... I have seen the end product and it is not pretty and they are not making much money to send home, some none at all.

The recruiters "snakeheads" are evil people but the end users , the people who "hire" them are the biggest problem. Their purchasing slaves ( because that is what these poor individuals are) continues the trade and enables the shitheads to keep conning people with dreams of escape from poverty.

This is not just an Asian problem, it is a "First World " problem because they are the ones who provide the demand.
Without demand there is no need for supply.
You're not saying Americans that hire illegal aliens to babysit their children, cut their lawn or bus the tables at a restaurant are complacent in the crime of human trafficking are you? Geez I always thought they were just trying to stretch their dollar as everyone else does. I mean if a guy doesn t cut a corner here and there how are you going to pay for that new 70K SUV in the driveway. The first world is more than happy to buy Iphones made in factories that treat people little more than slaves or pay $100 for a Tommy Middlefinger shirt knowing full well the pay of a garment worker in Cambodia is $170 a month. Before they pay $110 for the shirt, ship the jobs to Bangladesh $95 a month. We have to keep that 1% getting richer or it will never trickle down to us.
Actually they could be if you think about it. :beer3:

However they may not have been trafficked - they may be over-stayers or any number of things.

I buy my 3$ T-shirts in Cambodia knowing full well that they have been made in a factory here, possibly even by my own family.

My family are happy in the factories and have motos, smartphones well-fed (fat in fact), healthy and have gold jewellry. They are not poor really are they?
I take it if they are not poor on $200 a month you wouldn t be either? Dead people don t know they are dead but that doesn t change the fact they are dead. I imagine like everything else there is a sliding scale and we judge ourselves by our surroundings and upbringing. I see it around me every day, people who shit in an outhouse and cook with charcoal happy with their surroundings. A man not long ago picked his son up from the morgue with a cart to walk the body back to his village for the son's funeral. The man was stopped by police about 10 km out of Sisaket with the body in the cart, he didn t say woe is me, he wanted to use what little money he had for a funeral. Perhaps I felt sorrier for him than he did for himself. To me it was heartbreaking, to the father it was life as he knew it
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Mishmash » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:43 am

Anthony's Weiner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am

I take it if they are not poor on $200 a month you wouldn t be either? Dead people don t know they are dead but that doesn t change the fact they are dead. I imagine like everything else there is a sliding scale and we judge ourselves by our surroundings and upbringing. I see it around me every day, people who shit in an outhouse and cook with charcoal happy with their surroundings. A man not long ago picked his son up from the morgue with a cart to walk the body back to his village for the son's funeral. The man was stopped by police about 10 km out of Sisaket with the body in the cart, he didn t say woe is me, he wanted to use what little money he had for a funeral. Perhaps I felt sorrier for him than he did for himself. To me it was heartbreaking, to the father it was life as he knew it
Yes - it appears that way.

This world has never made much sense.

Like heaven and hell in a grotesque parody.

Give me the countryside, the brilliant night sky full of stars, a spliff, a pretty ladies smile and I am happy. FREE

Until I get the munchies that is...
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 699
Marshall Islands

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by IraHayes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Stanley Kubrick wrote: The dead know only one thing, it is better to be alive
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 2917
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 2352
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Doc67 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Apparently, one of the dead had been deported from the UK only days before. Watch this story grow if it is true.

So, how long before all this is somehow the fault of the British public. I give it about 3 days before that senile old communist Corbyn tries to lay the blame at the feet of racist Britain.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... d-20738392
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartandhp
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Mishmash » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:58 pm
Apparently, one of the dead had been deported from the UK only days before. Watch this story grow if it is true.

So, how long before all this is somehow the fault of the British public. I give it about 3 days before that senile old communist Corbyn tries to lay the blame at the feet of racist Britain.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... d-20738392
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartandhp
The Chinese have already started the blame game.

Corbyn is a Commie traitor. Couldn't lead me to the bar in a brewery.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Reputation: 148
Great Britain

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Chad Sexington » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:58 pm
Apparently, one of the dead had been deported from the UK only days before. Watch this story grow if it is true.

So, how long before all this is somehow the fault of the British public. I give it about 3 days before that senile old communist Corbyn tries to lay the blame at the feet of racist Britain.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... d-20738392
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartandhp
His grotesque 2nd in command, Diane fucking Abbot, has already blamed this tragedy on the governments policy of having border controls (however inadequate they usually appear to be) she’s advocating open borders to avoid a reoccurrence of this incident.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 2917
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 2352
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Doc67 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am

Essex Police Update: Tuesday 29 October 2019 13:34

Image

Detectives investigating the deaths of 39 people whose bodies were found in Grays last week are releasing details of two men they want to speak to.

Ronan Hughes, 40, from Armagh in Northern Ireland and his brother Christopher, who’s 34, and also from Armagh, are wanted on suspicion of manslaughter and human trafficking.

Ronan Hughes, who also goes by the name Rowan, and Christopher have links to both Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic.
Detective Chief Superintendent Stuart Hooper, who is leading the investigation, said: “Finding and speaking to the Hughes brothers is crucial to our investigation.

“At this time we believe they are in Northern Ireland but they also have links to the Irish Republic.

“If you know where they are or have any information about their whereabouts I need you to call my team.

“This is a case where 39 men and women have tragically died and support from the community is going to be vital to help bring those responsible to justice.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2379
Tokelau

Re: Essex: 39 bodies found in truck

Post by Anchor Moy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 pm

Tragic.
Vietnamese Embassy in UK releases statement on Essex lorry deaths
The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK released a statement on late November 1 expressing deep sadness at the initial findings by the Essex police that the victims who lost their lives in the refrigerated lorry on October 23 in Essex, UK, may be Vietnamese nationals.​
VNA Saturday, November 02, 2019 07:59

London (VNA) - The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK released a statement on late November 1 expressing deep sadness at the initial findings by the Essex police that the victims who lost their lives in the refrigerated lorry on October 23 in Essex, UK, may be Vietnamese nationals.

The statement said specific identities of the victims still need to be identified and confirmed by the relevant authorities of Vietnam and UK.

“We would like to convey our heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims,” it said, adding that the Embassy of Vietnam in London will closely coordinate with the relevant authorities of Vietnam and UK to support the families of the Vietnamese victims, if any, to bring their loved ones home.

“We strongly condemn the inhuman activities of the traffickers of illegal immigrants that have caused such a tragedy for the victims and their families. Vietnam will work closely with UK to bring the criminals to justice and find effective measures to prevent similar tragedy from happening again in the future,” the statement said.

Any request for consular protection, please contact the Embassy of Vietnam in London at hot line of 44 7713 181 501 or the Consular Department in Vietnam at the hotline of 84 981 84 84 84./.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnamese-em ... 163028.vnp
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arget, Ghostwriter, IraHayes, JUDGEDREDD, khmerhamster, Spigzy and 147 guests