Covid vaccination registration for foreigners from June 7

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

published : 21 May 2021 at 16:52
All foreigners in Thailand will be able to register at vaccination centres for Covid-19 shots from June 7, when the campaign for mass inoculations begins, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Friday.

Deputy spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the government had set June 7 for the start of the vaccination campaign.

Foreigners could register to get their vaccine shots at designated hospitals and health centres where they live.

"Thailand will not be safe until everyone is vaccinated," he said during the daily briefing of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, and late relayed the message on his personal Twitter account.

The announcement follows confusion and bewilderment in foreign communities after the Public Health Ministry said on May 4 that priority would be given to vaccinating Thai people first.

It reversed the decision on May 6, announcing equal access to the vaccine for Thai and foreign nationals to help create head immunity.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rom-june-7
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Covid vaccination registration for foreigners from June 7

Post by John Bingham »

Wow, why are they doing it so late? Do they want all the old foreigners to die or something?

8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

John Bingham wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:49 am Wow, why are they doing it so late? Do they want all the old foreigners to die or something?

8)
It's only two weeks away :facepalm:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'll wait until the initial rush dies down, the inevitable organisational teething problems are ironed out and read the feedback from the initial guineau pigs on the local home brew version of AZ. Easy to avoid crowds day to day in a deserted city with the restrictive measures on life imposed so I don't feel the urgency as much as others may. I might even wait and pay for the quality blend if we get some clarity on timing.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why settle for the Chinese?

wait:::: will the Chinese vac be valid for international travel??

Thailand to get Moderna vaccine by this October
Thailand is expecting to get the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine by this October as an alternative to AstraZeneca and Sinovac. The secretary-general of the Private Hospital Association, says 5 to 6 million doses will be shipped to Thailand in the second half of this year.

Last week, the Moderna vaccine was approved for emergency use in Thailand by the Food and Drug Administration. It is the fourth vaccine approved by the FDA, after the AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. The price of the vaccine will be set by the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation, but private hospitals allegedly won’t seek profits from administering the vaccine. Officials say private hospitals will offer the 2 shots of the vaccine for a maximum of 3,000 baht total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:07 am I'll wait until the initial rush dies down, the inevitable organisational teething problems are ironed out and read the feedback from the initial guineau pigs on the local home brew version of AZ. Easy to avoid crowds day to day in a deserted city with the restrictive measures on life imposed so I don't feel the urgency as much as others may. I might even wait and pay for the quality blend if we get some clarity on timing.
I'll watch and wait too. I live a pretty much self-isolating life. I am in no rush to receive a Chinese shot in the early stages. I won't mind getting the Thai AZ shot. Who knows, maybe even the Moderna vaccine shows up late autumn.

Of course, it may be a long wait as the Thai government continues its bungling, in a way that may set a new world standard for incompetence and mismanagement.

And then there's this: Blogger Richard Barrow, a long-time Thai-speaking resident who works for a school in Samut Prakhan, reported yesterday:
Some of our teachers went to have their vaccine today. Like me, they registered on 13 May. However, unlike me they received an SMS yesterday for their appointment. The 26 foreigners, including myself, who registered on 13 May had their names removed from the queue.
Then today he comments:
I’ve been paying tax & social security contributions for many years and I’m perplexed why I and other expats are being treated differently. I always knew Thais were nationalistic. But a global pandemic is not the time for a “Thais first” attitude. I will not forget that #Thailand
The same thing happened to a UK friend who works for a very big Thai company. He got dropped despite being certified by his employer.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:17 am why settle for the Chinese?

wait:::: will the Chinese vac be valid for international travel??

Thailand to get Moderna vaccine by this October
Late April my Thai boss successfully booked the Modena from a hospital for all 800+ staff in the company but was told we will start the vaccination in Aug/Sep period. Worth the wait cos we all don't bloody trust anything CCP and local but this come with a very steep price for the company and we are not looking at the "not over 3000 baht" price, way more.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I, too, will wait until the mad rush is over. I'm not in any particular hurry and my preference is getting vaccinated at a private hospital with a vaccine of my choice.

That being said, that the Thai health authorities use nationality as a prioritization parameter, unlike every other country I know, is deplorable. Unsurprising to anyone who is familiar with the mindset of Thai officials, but deplorable. If I was older or less healthy, I would fly home to get vaccinated.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I think my English not so good please help explain, it says here can make booking but I look at this what does it mean? Start make booking on 7th June or can book now and start vaccination on 7th June?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

@yong I think the key words are "Register Now." Otherwise, it's not terribly clear. I checked the online registration form and I'd say it's good to go. Here's the link to hospital front page, which gives you a pop-up link to registration page. On the pop-up, click the Register Now green button.

https://www.vimut.com/home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic