Driving in thailand on Australian /Khmer licences?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Driving in thailand on Australian /Khmer licences?

Post by epidemiks »

What's required to drive in thailand - both my own Cambodian registered car or a rental?
IDP? or will my Australian and/or Khmer licences be sufficient?

Tia
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Driving in thailand on Australian /Khmer licences?

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

From my understanding international driving licence required but the lack of which never gave me any issue. Better not cause an accident tho.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Your home country license is valid for 90 days in Thailand after which ur expected to posses a thai license.

ALSO as both Thailand and Cambodia are both ASEAN nations both have agreed to accept each others licenses (although Camboida does not accept any other countries license).As long as said license is in English
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Thanks guys.
So Richard, with an Australian and Cambodian licence I should be fine?

Know any good rental places in Phuket? Need a large car/people mover for around 10 days in May.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

http://phuketcarrent.com/ ... an old local rental
"we also have 7, 12 seat Toyota mini vans available"
going to be HOT>>>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic