Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

if ur traveling IN thailand you dont need show health certificate or insurance

For Phuket, we have opened the bridge for free travel, but u still need register online to leave or return
and there are 8 provinces where if you stay, on ur return u need self quarantine for 14 days.

Have seen on fb a few bikers, ( non Thai)that have been refused to checkin in a few hotels around the country while Thai's have no problem
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

DaveG wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 pmDid he/she have to show evidence of health certificate or insurance ????
No she did not have to show anything. All is normal. Was happy this friend came, its been 33 years we able to meet again. Unfortunately was only 26hrs visit, so sad.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dont go to CM unless you want stay a minimum of 14 days :-)

Advice; before you travel in Thailand, check and see what requirements are where ur headed.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I honestly think you are as well staying put until there is a total lifting of all restrictions as mandated by central government. The fact that Provincial Governers and local Mayors have controlled a lot of the narrative on this issue is ridicuous and has just added a layer of unnecessary confusion, but I reslise they have to get in on the act because there is likely to be some bahtshish to be made from businesses somehow.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as above; the chances of "kick starting" tourism with domestic tourism is nigh impossible with so many setting their own rules/ regulations.
no mention of nationality

Until its all over and we can freely travel, tourism, for all intents and purposes, is dead.

How many hotels/resorts are going to recall all their staff back and reopen?

Its not a case of " Build it and they will come"
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap Daily News
27 May at 15:32 ·

THAI SMILES WILL RESUME FLIGHTS TO SIEM REAP ON OCTOBER 24
Earlier reports suggested Thai Smiles might begin international services, including flights to Siem Reap, shortly after it resumes domestic flights on June 1.
Now the company says it will begin daily flights from Bangkok to both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh on October 24.
Thai Smile’s parent company, Thai Airways International, filed for the equivalent of US Chapter 11 protection under Thailand’s bankruptcy law chapter 3/1 last week.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:41 pm I wonder if Cambodia will follow suit...
Cambodia will not follow. Cambodia has a leader , and HE leads .
I think Duncan has been hacked...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

only three more days of breaking the law!!! :thumb: :thumb: :beer3:
Phuket beaches to open on June 9
The re-opening of beaches was approved at today’s meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee at Phuket Provincial Hall.
Bridge open, no special measures in place to leave
Hotels opening but few,very few tourists around
Airport still closed
Bars still closed
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Seems like the bars in Pattaya are pinning their hopes on June 15th for reopening, wouldn't put it past the junta to push it back to the 30th. I wish they'd do it on the 15th as I think it will be great drinking beach roadside with the reduced numbers.

I've been drinking the last 2 weeks in what is proving unsurprisingly to be a popular open air Night market on Jomtien beach road. Never gone before as it's previously been Russian dominated, but now they are not around it's a very pleasant relaxed vibe. The beer nearly ran out by the 9pm closing time last night. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^^^
You don't know how lucky you are....I can't even get a hair cut.... :cry: :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic