Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 38186
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 2175
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Chinese man found deceased, stuffed in suitcase with arms and legs bound in Northern Thailand, had previously visited Pattaya
By Adam Judd -
February 26, 2020
Kamphaeng Phet- A 30 year old Chinese Man has been found stuffed in a suitcase washed up on a sandbank in the Ping River in Kamphaeng Phet in Northern Thailand.
Image
The body was bent over and the ankles were tied with plastic cable ties. Red rope encircled the arms and legs.

Police said this afternoon they had preliminarily identified the man as 30 year old Jun Wang who had arrived on February 12 with a group of fifteen other Chinese Nationals who went to visit Pattaya. The remainder of the group left the country on the 14 of February but Jun did not.

Police are investigating the connections the man had with the group of other Chinese and his reported residence in Pattaya.
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/26/c ... d-pattaya/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11113
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2396
Tokelau

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08 pm
Chinese man found deceased, stuffed in suitcase with arms and legs bound in Northern Thailand, had previously visited Pattaya
By Adam Judd -
February 26, 2020
Kamphaeng Phet- A 30 year old Chinese Man has been found stuffed in a suitcase washed up on a sandbank in the Ping River in Kamphaeng Phet in Northern Thailand.
Image
The body was bent over and the ankles were tied with plastic cable ties. Red rope encircled the arms and legs.

Police said this afternoon they had preliminarily identified the man as 30 year old Jun Wang who had arrived on February 12 with a group of fifteen other Chinese Nationals who went to visit Pattaya. The remainder of the group left the country on the 14 of February but Jun did not.

Police are investigating the connections the man had with the group of other Chinese and his reported residence in Pattaya.
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/26/c ... d-pattaya/
Funny that nobody noticed that he was missing from his tour group. 8-) I suspect foul play.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by Mishmash » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08 pm
Chinese man found deceased, stuffed in suitcase with arms and legs bound in Northern Thailand, had previously visited Pattaya
By Adam Judd -
February 26, 2020
Kamphaeng Phet- A 30 year old Chinese Man has been found stuffed in a suitcase washed up on a sandbank in the Ping River in Kamphaeng Phet in Northern Thailand.
Image
The body was bent over and the ankles were tied with plastic cable ties. Red rope encircled the arms and legs.

Police said this afternoon they had preliminarily identified the man as 30 year old Jun Wang who had arrived on February 12 with a group of fifteen other Chinese Nationals who went to visit Pattaya. The remainder of the group left the country on the 14 of February but Jun did not.

Police are investigating the connections the man had with the group of other Chinese and his reported residence in Pattaya.
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/26/c ... d-pattaya/
Funny that nobody noticed that he was missing from his tour group. 8-) I suspect foul play.
Nooooo... Is Suicide. You tie the hands and ankles just so. then creep in a suitcase, zip and lock it with the 'unpublished houdini' move and toss yourself in a river.. It's down on the hot-list of preferred suicide methods. :beer3:
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 903
Cambodia

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by DaveG » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Is that a samsonite
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by Mishmash » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm

DaveG wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Is that a samsonite
After a quick zoom, we can see it's the local market 'made in china' variant corona modelVII.12.

Cannot open a genuine samsonite without a stihl saw.

Sadly the man met a grisly end for unpublished as yet reasons.

Grim!! RIP
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3995
Yemen

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by John Bingham » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Probably a Samsinote or similar.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 1079
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by Arget » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Maybe just me but I would think they would take the suitcase onto land to do the examination.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by Mishmash » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Arget wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm
Maybe just me but I would think they would take the suitcase onto land to do the examination.
Well spotted.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3995
Yemen

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by John Bingham » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Arget wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm
Maybe just me but I would think they would take the suitcase onto land to do the examination.
In that shallow water in would seem wise to examine the cadaver in situ, before moving it onto dry land for closer examination. Not that I know anything about it or anything. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3659
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2164
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Missing Chinese Man Found Dead Stuffed in Suitcase

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:02 am

DaveG wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Is that a samsonite
Yee haa!
If it is - check inside the lining.

(some of those who visited Thailand in the 70's will know exactly what i talking about)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamie_Lambo, PICCOLABESTIA, Wrightstate and 115 guests