15,000 foreigners held in Thai prisons

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 15,000 foreigners held in Thai prisons

Post by John Bingham »

The largest number of foreigners from outside the region in Thai prisons are.......Nigerians. There were about 1000 in 2017:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/about-100 ... mbassador/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:32 am The largest number of foreigners from outside the region in Thai prisons are.......Nigerians. There were about 1000 in 2017:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/about-100 ... mbassador/
My first thought when I read the original post.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

[quote=pczz post_id=384829 time=1576643402 user_id=3301]
Funny thing is the Cambodian press usually uses "foreigners" when they do not want to say who it is.
[/quote]

yes, "foreigners" does mean whites in these parts and can be documented even though its only social science to do so and it's also pointless to go there. Not looking for a fight, but even my self aware biased self sees that headline and the socially programmed part of my brain immediately says white people and then the next layer down in my brain says when such matters are discussed here Asian ethnicity or other demographic is stated
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic