I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by StroppyChops »

mauser765 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:27 amOn a non-retarded note, Huawei is chewing a big hole in Apple and Samsung support base, for between a third and 50% less than those.

It can only be good for consumers.
Huawei is forced by the Chinese government to leave a security vulnerability (backdoor) in their firmware to allow the government to snoop. There are 2-second download hacks to exploit these vulnerabilities. I bought a Huawei range-extender and the neighbours were into it within minutes (and I'm a network engineer). I had to make the apn silent and go to IP white-listing to keep the little bastards off it. Apparently this is across the brand.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by mauser765 »

OMG! A mobile phone brand that snoops on people! The horror!

We'd better use laptops, thank God Microsoft doesn't...oh, wait.

Good thing I'm with Metfone.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

Maybe you should try Huawei. I have had mine for 3 years and it is still going and going. I have to admit that I have a love for Chinese made goods. If you do get an apple phone avoid the ones made in Croatia. Crapple phones are horrible.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

"VERY close to getting in bed with Apple"

Tart.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Is it consenting, like the horse?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

neigh
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

violet wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm Is it consenting, like the horse?
Offer it (the phone, not the horse) a cup of tea...

Edit - actually, as an experiment, could someone with an iPhone ask Siri if she'd like a cup of tea? I'm interested in the response!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

lesson to you haaaaaaaart

fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

People buy iPhones mainly for the image. Secondary is the phone itself, OS and features.
That’s one thing Apple have succeeded in doing where all the other phones have not - Created a product people aspire to own.

Every year we see headlines about some brand that produces an “IPhone killer”. It’s not about the phone.

People even wear Apple logos on t shirts or on their car for God’s sake!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Now, don't start posting stuff I agree with, that's just too challenging.
fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am People buy iPhones mainly for the image. Secondary is the phone itself, OS and features.
That’s one thing Apple have succeeded in doing where all the other phones have not - Created a product people aspire to own.

Every year we see headlines about some brand that produces an “IPhone killer”. It’s not about the phone.

People even wear Apple logos on t shirts or on their car for God’s sake!
So, what you're saying is that Apple created a cult, right? Agreed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic