I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by Raybull »

Iphone 6/6+ is the perfect compromise IMO. Not bummed if it's thrashed/lost/stolen and much more functional than the wee 5.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by ExPenhMan »

Raybull wrote:Iphone 6/6+ is the perfect compromise IMO. Not bummed if it's thrashed/lost/stolen and much more functional than the wee 5.
I had a 5 for about 2 months and realized I paid too much for such a tiny phone. I agree on the 6 and you don't need a 6s either.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:And now I just updated to 6.0.1 and it seems that there is a glitch:

VPNs don't work! ! That means I haven't been able to use Skype or Facebook Messenger for calls. That's fucking annoying. (Google it, it's not just me.)

There seems to be work-arounds for it by disabling battery saver, but still doesn't work.

WTF.

Had the chance last night to check out the latest Android phones, and even the LG V20 didn't seem to be all that, and nobody has the Google Pixel.

Everyone is out of stock of the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, and when they do get it in stock it will be a whopping $1000!

I might have to call Kevin Weng and see if he can hook me up after all.

Fuck my life. Image Image
whats the point in buying a top of the range phone for stupid amount of money when 6 months down the line
so people like you and me can buy them bro!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:And now I just updated to 6.0.1 and it seems that there is a glitch:

VPNs don't work! ! That means I haven't been able to use Skype or Facebook Messenger for calls. That's fucking annoying. (Google it, it's not just me.)

There seems to be work-arounds for it by disabling battery saver, but still doesn't work.

WTF.

Had the chance last night to check out the latest Android phones, and even the LG V20 didn't seem to be all that, and nobody has the Google Pixel.

Everyone is out of stock of the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, and when they do get it in stock it will be a whopping $1000!

whats the point in buying a top of the range phone for stupid amount of money when 6 months down the line
:plus1: :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

WTF.

:plus1: :beer3:
Lots of 6 and 6+ for 300-400$ On the facebook groups here, ditch the 5 when you get here! They're cheap enough many khmers have one for each SIM!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

So, I ended up with an LG V20.

Running Android 7.0 with duel cameras on the back, duel SIM and really good sound quality through wired headphones, which sound great through my Bose headphones.

Removable memory and battery too.

It claims to have "two" screens on the front, but it's really just an extended screen, if you ask me. Great for notifications and controlling music player.

Runner up was the Huawei Mate 9, which was a bit too big, but has one hell of a battery.

That's as close as I've come to jumping over to the Apple dark side.

Cost $640, so I can lose it once and buy another for about the price I would have dropped on the iPhone 7 Plus.

Also has a very accurate fingerprint scanner, which is strangely located on the back, wtf?

Just just have to spend the next week logging back into all my accounts and giving them all "permissions" to do the most basic of things.

Went out for a walk around my neighborhood and found the cat man and even a nice case for my phone.

Thanks to all who offered valuable opinions! ! !
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
JellyRedPanda
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JellyRedPanda »

I will never buy apple product like that iphone or ipod, The battery is not removable and you cannot expand it's internal storage by inserting a micro sd card. Plus if you mess up with your security features you might end up your phone into a junk.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:00 am Image
Careful, GM, you'll be getting a PM about 'muslimes' any day now. :D

On a non-retarded note, Huawei is chewing a big hole in Apple and Samsung support base, for between a third and 50% less than those.

It can only be good for consumers.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 am

WTF.

just get an iPhone 5, can pick them up cheap enough and it has everything you need
whats the point in buying a top of the range phone for stupid amount of money when 6 months down the line there will be a newer version
that goes for any decent phone, i have no loyalties
A Khmer I know said she picked a model 5 up for $150. I'd go for the 5s again ( lost it grrrr). The imaging algorithms are excellent. Great photos from the 5s.

The only phone/tablet I've owned other than Apple has been the Huawei T7.01.
It's pretty good for a 2 year old desgn running kitkat for what I want it for - large screen size, and inet and movies.

The main thing I've noticed in Android phones are the fact they're based on free open source software, but Google have high-jacked the system with something that's a rather similar, but far more pernicious imo, idea as the Apple store. I would always trust Apple's encryption and privacy issues around data collection etc over Google's. I haven't used Chrome or Google search for years on comps. All this bollocks I've heard for years about Apple restrictng any music or movies on their phones that weren't paid for is bollocks. First thing I did was dump a load of illegal music and movies from my comp onto the phone.lol. Just like you need to jailbreak an iphone for full functionality, you need to route an Android phone to do the same. In both cases you can end up with a brick. But because it's Google pulling shit on Android phones/ tablets, there is a much greater need to delete mst of their background apps.

The very worst thing about Android phones are their spell checkers amd the complete lack of an undo feature in text editing. Both these things are beyond stupid, especially when compared to an iphone, or even those old blue Nokia $20 phones.

I think the 5s is about $300 with a good battery and original screen here. Do you concure Jamie?

Apple really did reinvent the concept of the phone. Everyone else just tried to copy.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
See crook!!!
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 am

WTF.

just get an iPhone 5, can pick them up cheap enough and it has everything you need
whats the point in buying a top of the range phone for stupid amount of money when 6 months down the line there will be a newer version
that goes for any decent phone, i have no loyalties
A Khmer I know said she picked a model 5 up for $150. I'd go for the 5s again ( lost it grrrr). The imaging algorithms are excellent. Great photos from the 5s.
Also, the only other phone/tablet I've owned other than Apple has been the Huawei T7.01.
It's pretty good for 2 year old desgn running kikat for ehat I want it for - large screen size, and inet.
Themain thing I've noticed in Android phones are the fact they're based on free open source software, but Google have highjacked the system with a similar, but far more pernicious imo, idea as the Apple store. I would always trust Apple's encryption anf privacy issues over data collection etc over Google's. I haven't used Chrome or Google search for years on comps. All this bollocks I heard for years about Apple restricted anymysic or movies that aren't paid for was bollocks.

The very worst thing about Android phones are their spell checkers amd the complete lack of an undo feature in text editing. Both these things are beyond stupid, especially when compared to an iphone, or even those old blue Nokia $20 phones.
I think the 5s is about $300 with a good battery and original screen here?

Apple really did reinvent the concept of the phone. Everyone else just tried to copy.
Big shops are the best places for second hand phones, s7 edge was 250 ? Korean model from Siem reap.

Media pads from huawei have a year warranty at only 100 USD.

Good thing about these is if a methwhore robs you you only lose 100USD , not 1000 USD if you had bought a IPhone 7plus ( stupid phone Khmer's use for status )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic