Moto G

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
User avatar
Flynn
Expatriate
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 am
Reputation: 1
Location: ABQ
Contact:
United States of America

Moto G

Post by Flynn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 am

Looking at buying a phone before returning to Cambodia. The Moto G looks to be a good value for the money. They have a 4G LTE version of the phone which costs $20 more and is only 8GB as opposed to 16GB. Is it worth it to get the 4G LTE phone for use in Cambodia?

Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB - $220 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Uni ... B00K0NRZSW

Motorola Moto G - Global GSM - Unlocked - 16GB - $200 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Glo ... B00GWR373M
User avatar
JBTrain
Expatriate
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:44 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:

Re: Moto G

Post by JBTrain » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:52 am

Flynn wrote:Looking at buying a phone before returning to Cambodia. The Moto G looks to be a good value for the money. They have a 4G LTE version of the phone which costs $20 more and is only 8GB as opposed to 16GB. Is it worth it to get the 4G LTE phone for use in Cambodia?

Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB - $220 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Uni ... B00K0NRZSW

Motorola Moto G - Global GSM - Unlocked - 16GB - $200 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Glo ... B00GWR373M
4G is essentially useless. I'd rather have the storage.
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
Flynn
Expatriate
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 am
Reputation: 1
Location: ABQ
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Moto G

Post by Flynn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:06 am

JBTrain wrote:
Flynn wrote:Looking at buying a phone before returning to Cambodia. The Moto G looks to be a good value for the money. They have a 4G LTE version of the phone which costs $20 more and is only 8GB as opposed to 16GB. Is it worth it to get the 4G LTE phone for use in Cambodia?

Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB - $220 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Uni ... B00K0NRZSW

Motorola Moto G - Global GSM - Unlocked - 16GB - $200 - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Glo ... B00GWR373M
4G is essentially useless. I'd rather have the storage.
Good to know. Thanks! :beer3:
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:04 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Australia

Re: Moto G

Post by Mrs Stroppy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Stroppychops and I have Moto Gs and we love them. Not worth sacrificing the storage for 4g to go to the 8gb version.
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Reputation: 57
Korea North

Re: Moto G

Post by Digg3r » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:05 pm

My dad just got a Moto G. I've had a bit of a play with it. For its price there are unlikely any better options.

I would personally go the lte version but that's useless in Cambodia. Save $20 and go for the 8gb 3g.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Moto G

Post by StroppyChops » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Be aware that they're dual SIM (which is cool) but no slot for additional data.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Flynn
Expatriate
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 am
Reputation: 1
Location: ABQ
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Moto G

Post by Flynn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:52 am

StroppyChops wrote:Be aware that they're dual SIM (which is cool) but no slot for additional data.
It seems that Amazon has a separate listing for the dual SIM version. It's a little more money though. Thanks for pointing out the lack of a slot for additional data. Another good reason to get the 16GB version.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Moto G

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Digg3r wrote:My dad just got a Moto G. I've had a bit of a play with it. For its price there are unlikely any better options.

I would personally go the lte version but that's useless in Cambodia. Save $20 and go for the 8gb 3g.
I guess it depends on what you are going to be doing around this region of the world? Are you going to be spending most of your time around Cambodia with little travel to neighboring countries. For example, Malaysia has 4G, so if you pop over there a lot and get one of their SIMs, a 4G phone would be rocking. I assume Singapore has 4G. I don't know about Thailand or Vietnam.

I know that when I took my old Galaxy S3 over to Malaysia and hopped on their 4G, their really wasn't a need for wifi anywhere as it was fast as broadband. I was only their for a week so I didn't really care about burning through my data.

Personally, I would go for the 16gb. I don't know if reliable 4G is coming to Cambodia anytime soon.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Reputation: 57
Korea North

Re: Moto G

Post by Digg3r » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Just read that the 4g version has a microsd slot. That would make it a far better option.
User avatar
JBTrain
Expatriate
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:44 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:

Re: Moto G

Post by JBTrain » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Digg3r wrote:Just read that the 4g version has a microsd slot. That would make it a far better option.
Depending. I stream music on Spotify, use Showbox for video, don't see the need to keep media on the phone.
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests