CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8679
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 177
Australia

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby StroppyChops » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Tapatalk autoupdated on my Android device yesterday, and the first obvious change was, "Oh, look, advertising." The next was consistent failures to connect to the forum, Tapatalk crashes when in CEO but not 440, and especially when responding to PMs. 1) Anyone else experience this? 2) Are the two related?
I also updated yesterday, with no problems though.

Try clearing out the cache if you haven't already.

Also, tapatalk just released a new API or something too. I think The Dragon will have it all sorted soon...
Good to know - I'll try a clean install and see if that helps.

Now might be the time for me to try out my line about OD being the happy Tappy API chappy again...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Sohi
Expatriate
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm
Karma: 2

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby Sohi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

On my tapatalk (ios) in the notification section it takes the avatar of the most recent and puts it next to all the notifications, it doesn't bother me I just thought I'd let you know...
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8679
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 177
Australia

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby StroppyChops » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Sohi wrote:On my tapatalk (ios) in the notification section it takes the avatar of the most recent and puts it next to all the notifications, it doesn't bother me I just thought I'd let you know...
^ look at all those handsome people!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Sohi
Expatriate
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm
Karma: 2

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby Sohi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Sohi wrote:On my tapatalk (ios) in the notification section it takes the avatar of the most recent and puts it next to all the notifications, it doesn't bother me I just thought I'd let you know...
^ look at all those handsome people!
lol at the moment it's your avatar next to all the notifications
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8679
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 177
Australia

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby StroppyChops » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Sohi wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Sohi wrote:On my tapatalk (ios) in the notification section it takes the avatar of the most recent and puts it next to all the notifications, it doesn't bother me I just thought I'd let you know...
^ look at all those handsome people!
lol at the moment it's your avatar next to all the notifications
:D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12192
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 157
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby General Mackevili » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:16 am

Oh yeah! The Dragon is updating Tapatalk tonight!

viewtopic.php?t=498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:22 am
Karma: 0
Location: Phnom Penh
Great Britain

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby walkjivefly » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:47 am

I've been using Tapatalk to browse forums for about a week or so. I like the way it makes all the adverts disappear. Don't suppose that'll go down well with the management or advertisers but tough. It's good for consuming content but seems less good for interacting.

Specifically the quick reply function only gives a 2 line window to type in (even on a 10" tablet in portrait orientation) and there doesn't seem to be a way to quote in quick or normal reply. Am I right or am I missing something?

Also, can I persuade it to remember passwords so I don't have to sign in again every time I switch between forums?
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 7
United States of America

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 pm

General Mackevili wrote:Oh yeah! The Dragon is updating Tapatalk tonight!

viewtopic.php?t=498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Update canceled... the features/fixes weren't relevant to us, and the ones that are relevant still are in the release candidate stages and not considered stable. once they're stable, we'll deploy it.
walkjivefly wrote:I've been using Tapatalk to browse forums for about a week or so. I like the way it makes all the adverts disappear. Don't suppose that'll go down well with the management or advertisers but tough. It's good for consuming content but seems less good for interacting.

Specifically the quick reply function only gives a 2 line window to type in (even on a 10" tablet in portrait orientation) and there doesn't seem to be a way to quote in quick or normal reply. Am I right or am I missing something?

Also, can I persuade it to remember passwords so I don't have to sign in again every time I switch between forums?
We know it removes the ads, we don't mind (though some versions of tapatalk seem to ad their own ads). We don't even mind people using adblocker. Obviously we prefer you didn't, since most of our ads are actually for some pretty great businesses (meaning i can't speak to the worth of anything that comes up in the google ads) which are worth checking out. We have the option of making a BYO version of tapatalk for our forums, which we would have to pay for, and which would let us control the ads. We choose not to.

As for the functional questions, I'll leave those to g-mack as I barely use tapatalk... I find it handy for reading, but slow and cumbersome for actually posting, as you said.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8679
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 177
Australia

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby StroppyChops » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Tap the post you want to quote (you can even tap several over multiple pages in the same thread), it will highlight and you will see a 'post with quote' button appear in the toolbar. It may take a few seconds for the draft to compile so be patient.

When writing a quick reply, if you want more work screen hit the plus symbol to the left of the text entry field.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 7
United States of America

Re: CEO Tapatalk Support and Information

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

StroppyChops wrote:Tap the post you want to quote (you can even tap several over multiple pages in the same thread), it will highlight and you will see a 'post with quote' button appear in the toolbar. It may take a few seconds for the draft to compile so be patient.

When writing a quick reply, if you want more work screen hit the plus symbol to the left of the text entry field.
Look at him go!


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Tech Zone”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 15 guests