Passenger shaming on FB - is it me or is this weird ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Passenger shaming on FB - is it me or is this weird ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ali baba wrote:I had a flight with Vietnam Airlines that was delayed for 10 hours due to a typhoon and they refused to give me a meal ticket or any compensation at check-in. Slightly off topic but they deserve to be shamed.
Why should they provide you with any compensation? The delay was not due to any fault by the airline, bad weather is out of their control.

Yes, some airlines will provide you with a meal ticket or something when flights are delayed due to bad weather, not because they have to but just because they're good c**ts.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ali baba wrote:I had a flight with Vietnam Airlines that was delayed for 10 hours due to a typhoon and they refused to give me a meal ticket or any compensation at check-in. Slightly off topic but they deserve to be shamed.
Feel your pain, but if your ticket was booked as "point-to-point" they're not obliged to. Should have, but not obliged to. Same as if you book two legs with a point-to-point carrier and the first leg is delayed, resulting in you missing the second leg, not their problem. Most will rebook, some won't.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Yeah, but no but, yeah... In the EU you would be entitled to a meal and other goodies if your flight is delayed (for any reason) beyond 2 hours. You might not be entitled to financial compensation but 10 hours is way too long to be sitting at an airport without something from a carrier.

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-dela ... ad-weather
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I was on a flight once and this moron took out a harmonica and started playing it in the seat in front of me, 6am. About a minute later this huge Irish guy got up, walked over to him, and told him to put it away or he'd put it somewhere for him.

Hate flying, but as Superman what can I do?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:I was on a flight once and this moron took out a harmonica and started playing it in the seat in front of me, 6am. About a minute later this huge Irish guy got up, walked over to him, and told him to put it away or he'd put it somewhere for him.
I once told a French guy to turn off the sound on his DVD player in the middle of sleeper flight - he reacted like I was demanding a kidney. He turned it down slightly, until I stood up. (Wow, I seem so violent at the moment...)

The current rub is western parents of young kids who put on a DVD for the kids but without headphones. I truly do want to listen to Dora the Explorer after an eight-hour layover in KL. No, truly. /sarcasm
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic