Insurance Options

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Insurance Options

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I am covered through Forte (MSH China) and they have served me well(airlifted & $70K bills after surgeries). The coverage I believe is close to $2,000 annually and covered by my employer.

In looking for coverage for the Khmer misses I checked with Forte & also Interglobal (The contact Mark previously posted on 440). The coverage offered for her would cost $1,800 or $900 through those respective companies. I want her to have the same option to be airlifted to Bangkok in the event of an accident.

I am getting ready to buy the Interglobal cover but wanted to check if anybody has either 1) experience with them or 2) another recommendation.
Biltong
Tourist
South Africa

Re: Insurance Options

Post by Biltong »

I am with Interglobal for just over 2 years, with no hassles. Expenses that I have incurred both locally and abroad were .paid back probably within 3 weeks after claiming . Fortunately I never had to be hospitalised or airlifted, but I would guess their service would be same as what I have been getting from them already.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Just try to die and collect.

I've never heard of a dead person doing well.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Milord wrote:Just try to die and collect.

I've never heard of a dead person doing well.
I've posted this before, but my Australian life insurance policy (on my superannuation) requires that my body be repatriated back to Australia in the event of my death before the policy will be honoured. I had planned a simple, local cremation but this really fowls things up.

If you have insurance attached to your super (or other life insurance in general) it might be worth a look...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I'd love to collect on my death Insurance, just, ... never figured out a way to live happily ever after.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Biltong wrote:I am with Interglobal for just over 2 years, with no hassles. Expenses that I have incurred both locally and abroad were .paid back probably within 3 weeks after claiming . Fortunately I never had to be hospitalised or airlifted, but I would guess their service would be same as what I have been getting from them already.
Thanks. Good to see positive feedback on them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic