PM Replies To Death Hoax/Rumor

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

PM Replies To Death Hoax/Rumor

Post by OrangeDragon »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi ... story.html
Cambodian PM says opposition will rue his death
“In case I had suffered a massive stroke as was reported, you please should pack up your things and flee. I am speaking honestly, because the ability to command all the armed forces belongs to only one person,” he said, clearly referring to himself. He advised his critics not to wish for his death, and if he should fall victim to such a thing as a stroke, they better be prepared because anything could happen to them.
Funny to see him finally admitting that it's a dictatorship...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: PM Replies To Death Hoax/Rumor

Post by StroppyChops »

Way to rule. Almost despotic, really.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

"Support me, or have a coup, your choice"
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

You would think there are some succession plans in place. Be interesting to know what they are likely to be.

Of course all bets are off when the actual event occours. How many branches of the Armed forces/ Police are there in this country?
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

Cambodia is so lucky to have had him available when
the king father was looking for someone who could run
the country. I bet that there was NO MONEY for a budget
and a lot of need for spending.
Master Donut Baker
Tourist

Post by Master Donut Baker »

If I were HS I would round up SR and KS put them against the wall and start testing those Chinese pistols that he got awhile back...
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

OrangeDragon wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi ... story.html
Cambodian PM says opposition will rue his death
“In case I had suffered a massive stroke as was reported, you please should pack up your things and flee. I am speaking honestly, because the ability to command all the armed forces belongs to only one person,” he said, clearly referring to himself. He advised his critics not to wish for his death, and if he should fall victim to such a thing as a stroke, they better be prepared because anything could happen to them.
Those are very strong words in the Khmer language. In general, Khmers take these kind of curses very seriously.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Hugh Briss
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Hugh Briss »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Jeeeezuz, I'll say.
“JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine, and he knew how to wear a pair of shades." Bill Maher
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Singularian wrote:You would think there are some succession plans in place. Be interesting to know what they are likely to be.

Of course all bets are off when the actual event occours. How many branches of the Armed forces/ Police are there in this country?
Hs son is lined up to take his place in CPP...
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

PPP wrote:HE vows to live past 93
Wed, 11 June 2014
Vong Sokheng
Responding to rumours swirling on social media that he had suffered a massive stroke and died, Prime Minister HE proved to be very much alive during an animated speech in Kampot province yesterday.

Addressing a crowd in Chhuok district, the 63-year-old premier assured listeners that he wouldn’t die for at least another 30 years, and that, far from having a stroke, he was actually shaving a few strokes off of his golf game the day after he had allegedly been whisked away for treatment in Singapore.

“My father died at 90 years old at least, and my grandfather was 93 years old, and I will be more than 93 years old,” he said. “On Friday afternoon, I, along with cabinet members, was having a meeting with the King, and then I played golf on Saturday and Sunday.”
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/h ... ve-past-93*

Here's to 30 more years of good and fair governance with equal opportunity for all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic