Out with the Range Rover, in with the Rolls-Royce....

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Out with the Range Rover, in with the Rolls-Royce....

Post by thePeck »

OrangeDragon wrote:Tax men in America have computers... and they know how to use them. They don't get confused.
What do they have here? A abacus?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Nothing so sophisticated.
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

General Mackevili wrote: Even cows are getting around in more flashy vehicles.

This is the latest trend is SUV defensive measures - "Elevated cow"
When you get rammed you and your vehicle are still crushed, but due to both the high centre of gravity and its sheer bulk. the cows body will go straight through the windscreen and actually take out the SUV driver!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

jaclu wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Image
Maybe the cow's 4 stomachs qualify as "air bags".
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

OrangeDragon wrote:Tax men in America have computers... and they know how to use them. They don't get confused.
1st world schemes typically solves that by having the money electronically jump a few borders, and corporations using the money to settle debts between its own divisions and so on, pretty soon it gets so confusing, and so many jurisdictions involved all wanting to be the one pocketing the tax money that the end result is that the resources are spent deciding who gets what without ever going to trial (if they even can agree to a location of the trial).
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

Soi Dog wrote:Maybe the cow's 4 stomachs qualify as "air bags".
In a distant past I worked as a milker on a dairy farm. Believe me cows have plenty of bulk, I learned that one day when I was sloppy and worked wearing sneakers :)
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

jaclu wrote:
In a distant past I worked as a milker on a dairy farm. Believe me cows have plenty of bulk, I learned that one day when I was sloppy and worked wearing sneakers :)
I have often wondered, if you made a cow laugh, would milk come out of her nose?
Just a thought.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Grass, maybe.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:
jaclu wrote:
I have often wondered, if you made a cow laugh, would milk come out of her nose?
Just a thought.
I know there's at least one other ex dairy kid on the forum - we can both tell you that what comes out of a cows nose is the most revolting clear slime in creation.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

jaclu wrote:
protip, keep the ground somewhat muddy. gives some cushion when this happens. i was cowboyed for about 13 of my formative years... i think i've been stepped on (by big black angus motherfuckers) more times than I can count and never had an injury from it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic