Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Khmeria
Tourist

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Khmeria »

Satiated Parrot wrote:
Khmeria wrote:Hi guys

Hope your forum does well

Back to cookie run
Hey dude!! Where the hell have you been all these years?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Bangkok :dragonchase:

just lost interest in the other place and stopped posting
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

ThePrimeMinister wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Karma:

You can add or subtract Karma points of other posters. Please don't abuse this privilege and it should really be used to give a poster feedback on their posting style or attitude, and let others know how how you feel about them. Ideally, this would be used to vote on the way they post, not the content necessarily. So, if I'm a dog lover and hate cats, and a poster starts a thread about cats, I really shouldn't give them bad Karma just because I don't like the topic they started. You get the idea.

*And just so you know how it works: You can give or take up to 5 points from them every so often. You can also send it with a note letting them know why you did it. Only they can see the reason why you did it and who it came from, but others can only see a poster's number of Karma points, nothing more.
Still not seeing how this is actually done.
This just started working for me.

Also, good to see the avatars a little less stretched out. :good:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

ThePrimeMinister wrote:

You can add or subtract Karma points of other posters. Please don't abuse this privilege and it should really be used to give a poster feedback on their posting style or attitude, and let others know how how you feel about them. Ideally, this would be used to vote on the way they post, not the content necessarily. So, if I'm a dog lover and hate cats, and a poster starts a thread about cats, I really shouldn't give them bad Karma just because I don't like the topic they started. You get the idea.

*And just so you know how it works: You can give or take up to 5 points from them every so often. You can also send it with a note letting them know why you did it. Only they can see the reason why you did it and who it came from, but others can only see a poster's number of Karma points, nothing more.

See that Plus/Minus?
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

Hi everyone, I guess I forgot to mention that I am a female :hattip:

OD and GM are working very hard (extra hard by having to argue with me 5 times a day) to make it a cool place to hang out

I can't promise to be ideal mod - but i will do my best.

Welcome everyone and let's get this party started :Yahoo!:

PS: keep calm, I do not have access to VIP section and what happens in there stays in there
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
ThePrimeMinister
Expatriate

Post by ThePrimeMinister »

OrangeDragon wrote:
ThePrimeMinister wrote:

See that Plus/Minus?
Not on mine. But according to others it will appear sometime.
Can you dig it?!?!
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

StroppyChops wrote:
SockPuppet wrote:Hi everyone, I guess I forgot to mention that I am a female :hattip:
Shh... why does 'she' look like Cambod with lipstick? ;)
I am sorry, but i can't take it as compliment :no:
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

oh wait... i do think there was a setting for minimum posts before you can use it. to keep people from just making fake accounts to up their karma. sorry... a lot to retain learning all these tweaks we've added in the last 3 days some was bound to slip out... especially with to healthy application of vodka/scotch/tequila/etc.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

(speaking of which... SHOTS! Anyone reading this should be doing one with us.)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:oh wait... i do think there was a setting for minimum posts before you can use it. to keep people from just making fake accounts to up their karma. sorry... a lot to retain learning all these tweaks we've added in the last 3 days some was bound to slip out... especially with to healthy application of vodka/scotch/tequila/etc.
Has to be said that you guys and gal are doing a great job getting this of the ground. Thanks for offering an alternative meeting place for those of us who choose not to be negative, cynical, abusive pricks.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

OrangeDragon wrote:to keep people from just making fake accounts to up their karma.
Wow, that's about the saddest thing I've heard all day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic