Angry crowd riots on Phuket after 2 killed in police crash

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted here.

http://news.yahoo.com/angry-crowd-riots ... 57345.html
"No tourists were injured by the violence, which started Saturday evening and ended early Sunday, said Phuket police Lt. Col. Amnuay Kraiwuttinan. But local media reported that scores of people missed flights as a result of the riot, which blocked a main road to the airport for several hours."
Riot near Phuket police station over death of 2 young men
http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/riot- ... -young-men
"Damage to the police station was yet to be calculated, but all windows in the three-storey police building were shattered, while the fence and signpost outside were wrecked and some 27 vehicles belonging to the authorities and private owners were burnt. Fourteen police officers suffered minor injuries."
This will be happening nationwide soon.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Angry crowd riots on Phuket after 2 killed in police crash

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Time to arm sailorman and send him at Richard's rescue then ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

From http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/riot- ... -young-men
How the Thalang riot unfolded

October 10

11.20am: Two young men die after being chased on their motorcycle by Phuket's Thalang police.

1pm: Thalang police inform the public that they found 50 amphetamine pills and one kilogram of kratom leaves in the young men's bags

3pm: Relatives and friends of the teenagers gather in front of Thalang Police Station and demand its chief tell the truth and bring the four officers responsible for the chase before the public.

4.30pm: Around 100 people protest in front of the police station.

6.30pm: The protesters close the road in front of the station after the authorities fail to provide them with a good answer.

8pm: A suspected gunshot is heard and leads the protesters to believe the police fired at them, so they besiege the police station.

9.30pm: The situation gets worse. The protesters throw sticks, stones and eggs at the station.

10.30pm: The protesters start to set fire to police vehicles and other cars parked at the station.

11.25pm: Thalang police ask for and receive reinforcements but they still cannot control the situation.

October 11

00.00: The four police officers involved in the deadly chase are ordered out of the station, while the reinforcement force is asked to help other staff trapped inside the station.

3am: Maj-General Theenachat Jinda-ngen, the Military Circle 41 commander, and a group of soldiers negotiate with the protesters and ask them to stop the protest.

3.30am: The protesters agree to disperse and have further talks with the authorities at 9am at Wat Bandon School.

9am: The talks between the relatives of the dead man and teenager, police and the military start.

11am: It is decided a joint committee will be established to investigate the deaths, with a fund to be set up for the young men's families.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Thai Police vehicles got destroyed? So sad.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Thailand is a ticking bomb that will go very bad when the old guy departs.
Was a documentary a few nights ago from Australia's "Four corners" that exposed Thai immigration dept. selling of Rohingya to human traffickers on a large scale on the Malaysia border.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cant say Thai's dont know how to party

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862 ... tion-riot/#

It was not immigration that was selling/dealing in refugees
it was the Navy/ high ranking officials from both countries
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

immigration too according to Four Corners
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Barang: Supply me with money, arms of my choice and aircraft and I would gladly help rescue Richard, but I would be tempted on the way to use the arms/aircraft to give you 30,000ft parachute-less flying lessons a la Vietnam war era. "Oh, his flying is ok, but his landings suck!"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sailorman wrote:Barang: Supply me with money, arms of my choice and aircraft and I would gladly help rescue Richard, but I would be tempted on the way to use the arms/aircraft to give you 30,000ft parachute-less flying lessons a la Vietnam war era. "Oh, his flying is ok, but his landings suck!"
A wheelchair drop from a C160 might stress your suspension, bro.

You would be dead within an hour. The Bay of Pigs/Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Somalia and the long list of others is in your collective DNA

You guys have lost so many wars you've started doing it in cinemas, universities and shopping malls. :D

I jest, I jest.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Thailand is a ticking bomb that will go very bad when the old guy departs.
Well, yes, that's well known by now, but that scenario seems to be a bit outdated perhaps.

Looking at recent events, it will probably be more likely that the whole shebang will start BEFORE the big event.

At any rate, the stage is set...

People, get ready. :assasin:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic