May I post drunkenly...on whiskey?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
LTO
Expatriate

May I post drunkenly...on whiskey?

Post by LTO »

Next to tequila, I prefer whiskey. Not scotch, smokey, but almost any other kind of whiskey, bourbon and Tennessee in particular, though Irish will always do. Never polluted by ice or mix. Dirty golden dew. As spirits go, it's thick and heavy, and I like the way it clings to the side of the glass when swirled, forming a thick ring at the top of the swing that runs back down in long slow drapish drops. It took me the better part of a lifetime to taste the stuff for what it is. Pure sugar in its quintessential form. Violently sweet with a hint of grain that defines it. Syrup for adults. It surprised me a bit when I finally tasted the intense sweet of whiskey. Something of a revelation really.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: May I post drunkenly...on whiskey?

Post by Soi Dog »

I am obviously not a whiskey drinker, but I thought most of the natural sugars were turned into alcohol during the fermentation process. Whiskey never tasted sweet to me, but i never tried to savor it.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

MMMmmmmm tequila. I wish I had some right now... but alas GenMack and I finished off my nice bottle of mezcal.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It should be a crime to not post drunkenly after midnight.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:It should be a crime to not post drunkenly after midnight.
I'm busy adding cool shit to our site... like the news ticker for the World Cup...
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I really like Whiskey Rye and Ginger Ale, though sometimes the Ginger Ale is not always stocked in all places here.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Whiskey is the only thing I like sipping on by itself. Jack Daniels is my best friend.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

LTO wrote:Next to tequila, I prefer whiskey. Not scotch, smokey, but almost any other kind of whiskey, bourbon and Tennessee in particular, though Irish will always do. Never polluted by ice or mix. Dirty golden dew. As spirits go, it's thick and heavy, and I like the way it clings to the side of the glass when swirled, forming a thick ring at the top of the swing that runs back down in long slow drapish drops. It took me the better part of a lifetime to taste the stuff for what it is. Pure sugar in its quintessential form. Violently sweet with a hint of grain that defines it. Syrup for adults. It surprised me a bit when I finally tasted the intense sweet of whiskey. Something of a revelation really.
I don't drink, but that was a pretty poetic ode. "Syrup for adults" sounds awfully sensual.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Tequila, I can take it like life, with a pinch of salt..
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Oh and I'm all for drunken posts.
Just always remember that by the time you wake up from your stupor, your post would have been seen by hundreds and you've already become a figure of fun and ridicule for it.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic