Energy guzzling Thai snowparks are booming

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Energy guzzling Thai snowparks are booming

Post by Anchor Moy »

I've obviously been leading a sheltered life because I'd never heard about this. I thought this sort of wasteful ostentation was the preserve of the Gulf states.
http://news.yahoo.com/energy-guzzling-s ... 41387.html

The Thai energy co is behind a lot of dams being built in the region because they need energy to make Thailand "progress." The whole ecological cycle is being destroyed, fish stocks dropping and people are losing their homes, because of oversized and badly planned dams. Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam are paying for Thai energy consumption.
Man, I would be so pissed to lose my home, my village and my livlihood because Thais need snowparks. Just WTF. Seriously.
And have the Thais not heard that there's an energy crisis ? Global warming or some shit like that. :fool:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Energy guzzling Thai snowparks are booming

Post by phuketrichard »

well its not just the THai's
how about the ice skating at the Aoen mall
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I'll take the wife there. She wants to play in the snow and I don't like to travel especially with visa hassles. Thanks Anchor Moy!
Scarier than malaria.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

ali baba wrote:I'll take the wife there. She wants to play in the snow and I don't like to travel especially with visa hassles. Thanks Anchor Moy!
No worries. Bring me back a snowman.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote:Bring me back a snowman.
Reminds me of a kids joke I like... why are snowpeas called snowpeas?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I also wish to see the snow in my life, walk in hand with my lover. but this snow is the fake one and be built by living-thing's tear :( I'm going to BKK next week, but sure I won't go that place!!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

prahkeitouj wrote:I also wish to see the snow in my life, walk in hand with my lover. but this snow is the fake one and be built by living-thing's tear :( I'm going to BKK next week, but sure I won't go that place!!
You should go anyway. Snow is lots of fun.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i lived in Aspen Colorado for 5 winters and spent 6 days a week sking
ITs one of the few things i miss

having a joint, siting outside in hot tube while the snow is falling on a full moon night

Magically
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Username Taken wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:I also wish to see the snow in my life, walk in hand with my lover. but this snow is the fake one and be built by living-thing's tear :( I'm going to BKK next week, but sure I won't go that place!!
You should go anyway. Snow is lots of fun.
I think so. I wish to play with the real one :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Out of interest, how much energy does it take to run one of those nightmare Disney Land parks for a day?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic