How to change Electronic 1-month E-visa to 12-month in SHV?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How to change Electronic 1-month E-visa to 12-month in S

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea, visa extensions will always cost more from outside of PP, because the passports need to go all the way to PP Immigration Dept.
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by steevee »

whaw, thanks for this.
great link with all the visa info. thanks. I saved this right away.
I think I will throw away my electronic e-visum.
I will ask for a E-type (ordinary visum) VOA when I cross the border in Koh Kong.
Perhaps I will fly from Bangkok to PP (not sure about this, have to think about it).
Later I will take a six month extension.
I have no intention to work in Cambodia, so I don't need a work permit.
I only thought that I read somewhere that you were obliged to take a work permit when you had this business visum.
Is there somewhere a link where I can download the documents (arrival card, VOA application form, custom declaration form, health declaration form,...) Does the Cambodian Government has a link to download these form? Or do I have to go to the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok for these documents?
An other question is the fact that I have to give away my passport to a travel agency in SHV in order to get my six month extension of my visum.
I don't like to give away my passport.
What when they loose my passport?
How long do I have to walk around in SHV without passport?
I don't have a good feeling about this.
Is there no other way than to give away your passport?
Or do I have to go myself to PP and do the extension myself in PP?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

steevee wrote: Is there somewhere a link of the Cambodian Government where I can download these documents (arrival card, custom form, health form,...)?
Or do I have to go to the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok to get these forms?

An other question I have is the 6 month extension of my business visum I intend to make in SHV.
Do I really have to give away my passport to a travel agency?
I don't feel good about this.
How long do I have to walk around in SHV without my passport?
What when they loose my passport,....
This gives me a bad feeling.
Is there no other way to do this?
Or do I have to go myself to the Cambodian Immigration in PP?
If you arrive by plane the arrival/customs forms are provided during the flight or at the airport.The only land crossings I've done are to Vietnam and from memory there were no forms required only get your passport stamped.

You have to give your passport to your agent as it has to be viewed by immigration. I live in PP, turn around time was 2 days now it seems to be about 4 days. It is extremely unlikely that your passport will go missing. Make sure you use a reliable company. I don't know the turnaround for SVL but I'm sure one of the Snooky posters will inform here.

Take a copy of your passport.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

steevee wrote:whaw, thanks for this.
great link with all the visa info. thanks. I saved this right away.
I think I will throw away my electronic e-visum.
I will ask for a E-type (ordinary visum) VOA when I cross the border in Koh Kong.
Perhaps I will fly from Bangkok to PP (not sure about this, have to think about it).
Later I will take a six month extension.
I have no intention to work in Cambodia, so I don't need a work permit.
I only thought that I read somewhere that you were obliged to take a work permit when you had this business visum.
Is there somewhere a link where I can download the documents (arrival card, VOA application form, custom declaration form, health declaration form,...) Does the Cambodian Government has a link to download these form? Or do I have to go to the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok for these documents?
An other question is the fact that I have to give away my passport to a travel agency in SHV in order to get my six month extension of my visum.
I don't like to give away my passport.
What when they loose my passport?
How long do I have to walk around in SHV without passport?
I don't have a good feeling about this.
Is there no other way than to give away your passport?
Or do I have to go myself to PP and do the extension myself in PP?
yes that a better plan
Ordinary visa will be $35 and they have all the paperwork waiting for you when you arrive you dont need to bring any forms with you,
you can extend you visa in SHV, $50 for a month $175?? for 6 and $280 for a year
yes you have to give them your passport and usually get it back in 3-5days, you have to give them the passport as the visa extensions arent done 'officially' its kinda under the table, if you were to go to the embassy to do it it would take a lot longer and lots of paperwork to fill in apparently, ive extended visas, its no problem, a lot of the guesthouses will offer the service, or you can go to most travel agencies
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

In Snooky I get my drivers license and visa every year from Anna Travel down just before the Utopia Bar/across from Monkey Republic. Great service!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I usually use Ana, but Cool Banana across the street is cheaper sometimes.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

do both the above places do thai visas?
i am looking for an agent that can get a NON O visa, single entry for a Khmer national>
Can either of ya ask for me?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

OK, as long as you're not in a big hurry. I've got to see her about a new DL fairly soon.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

No rush, am thinking of driving up next month

while ur there, ask if they know anything about the new 6 month tourist visa

Buy ya dinner :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic