How to change Electronic 1-month E-visa to 12-month in SHV?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

How to change Electronic 1-month E-visa to 12-month in SHV?

Post by steevee »

I plan to enter Cambodia by land border (over trat) with a 1 month electronic e-visum.
Can I change this in a 1 year visum in SHV?
If so, where can I do this in SHV?
Can I do it 1 week before my 1 month visum expires or will I loose then 1 week from my visum?
What is the cost price?
What paperwork and pictures do I need?
Thanks for the help.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: How change electronic 1 month e-visum to year visum in S

Post by General Mackevili »

Hi.

This E-Visa is electronic, right? I'm pretty certain that is considered a "tourist" visa. That means you will NOT be able to convert it to a 1-year extension.

You will need to get a "Regular/Business" visa ON ARRIVAL at the border. This can be extended for an additional 12 month quite easily from practically any guesthouse or travel agent.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: How to change Electronic 1-month E-visa to 12-month in S

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^^ Yup. You're going to have to let immigration fuck you a bit at Cham Yeam. Bring some USDs. The real price should be $35 for the Business Visa. The assholes probably want 1500B, but will take $40. Later on try Ana on Beach Rd next to Top Cat Cinema. It should run you around $300/1 yr.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

$35 for Ordinary visa on arrival. Then it's about $285 for a years extension.You will need photos, pp and cash.
In SV, I use San Travel on Beach Rd. A lot of people use Ana Travel.
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by steevee »

Ok, thanks guys.
First I will check out if the electronic e-visa is a tourist visa or a regular visa on arrival?
I know that I have no more US$
If I knew it I would have kept some US$.
But I will ask around some of my friends in Thailand.
Or perhaps I can get them in my Thai bank?
How long is the "regular, business" visa on arrival valid?
Also one month? or longer?
And I read some topics on this forum about needing a work permit for this visa.
Will I have to ask for this when I make a 1 year extension on the Beach rd?
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Just change some baht for $$ at a bank or kiosk. The E-visa is not extendable. You're going to need a 1 month Business. You can extend it for 6 months or 3 too. You can sort out the work permit when you get a job.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

As others say, you cannot extend a electronic tourist visa into a long stay one. (although in the Kingdom of Wonder, if enough money changes hands miracles can happen) They take Thai Baht as well as $, on that border, but you will pay more this way, even on top of the extra T money you still pay if you bought one with dollars. (officialy $35)
What you ask for is an Ordinary Visa (for long stay) which used to be called a business visa. Now its called Ordinary, lets get this straight to avoid confusion with business permits which you will later need if you work, not needed if you don't etc.
You can take this to the places others have mentioned within 30 days (you shouldn't loose days if you go a week early) and they send your passport off to get a 1 year (or 3, 6 month, up to you) The long stay visa you get is also annoyingly called an E visa, (not at all the same as your E electronic tourist one)
http://www.movetocambodia.com/planning- ... dia-visas/

If you have bought your Electronic E tourist visa and you think you can't afford to loose $25, remember you will have to return to any border before it runs out and then get this ordinary one. A border run will take at least 1 whole day and most likely cost more than the £25 lost!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

steevee wrote:First I will check out if the electronic e-visa is a tourist visa or a regular visa on arrival??
The e-visa is a tourist visa. It does not cover any other visa type. See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ "The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has launched e-Visa, which enables you to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online."
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Detailed information on Visa's here...

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... t3860.html

Maybe the admins could pin that thread so that it stays at the top of the page or something, took me ages to try and find it again!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Detailed information on Visa's here...

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... t3860.html

Maybe the admins could pin that thread so that it stays at the top of the page or something, took me ages to try and find it again!
Seconded. I also went looking, but couldn't find...
Excellent post.

Also add that the 1 month ext for a T (tourist) visa is about $50, give or take a bit, depending on where you are. The prices given in the post are probably "correct", but people should not be surprised to pay a bit more, especially if you're in SV or SR. It's not a rip-off, it's "commission". If you're not happy, then shop around.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic