Just showing off..

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Just showing off..

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:Where are pictures of the pastries, OD?

Free advert justified, you're welcome!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:Image
HOW long does it take to get to Sinville again?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

When I drive, about 2.5 hours... for sane people, longer.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

(Though those we deliver frozen by taxi for a large enough order...)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:(Though those we deliver frozen by taxi for a large enough order...)
How is it you're not fat? The food your missus (I assume, or is it you?) churns out looks fantastic. No complaints at home, though, Mrs Stroppy did a glazed pork tonight that was truly special. We bought a slow cooker the other day, already paid for itself in top grub - although the Khmer think it's the strangest looking rice cooker they've ever seen. When we showed our tutor the food that came out of it today, he gave us that "what are you crazy barang up to today?" look.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

StroppyChops wrote:Mrs Stroppy did a glazed pork tonight that was truly special.
Using Tapatalk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:(Though those we deliver frozen by taxi for a large enough order...)
How is it you're not fat? The food your missus (I assume, or is it you?) churns out looks fantastic. No complaints at home, though, Mrs Stroppy did a glazed pork tonight that was truly special. We bought a slow cooker the other day, already paid for itself in top grub - although the Khmer think it's the strangest looking rice cooker they've ever seen. When we showed our tutor the food that came out of it today, he gave us that "what are you crazy barang up to today?" look.
Bring us a slow cooker (the one we bought while in PP cracked after, well... during, 1 use) and we'll feed you endlessly... lol.

I exercise and have a high metabolism... though it's slowing. Wife made chipotle pineapple pulled pork a couple of days ago... still eating on that as well. The cheddar and bacon deviled eggs finally ran out though, and the pot roast didn't last over a day.

As for the meat pies, she mostly makes them for customers (a lot of work in those) so I end up eating them at the restaurants she sells them to, though when there's a Guinness pie order she usually makes one extra for me. They're my favorite.

Though her most famous food is her raisin and walnut banana bread... she uses the fresh (gooey) palm sugar instead of brown sugar so it ends up tasting like a cross between banana bread and run cake. And I don't care for it. It's good, I just don't really go for sweetbread. Everyone else loves it though... one she gave to AiA when they were down for a visit was gone before she could ask him if he liked it... lol.

I got her started cooking western food myself with homemade pizzas and cakes and breads... she just took it and ran with it.

We manage it all with a counter top 2 burner stove, a microwave, and a toaster oven. In fact the second oven I got from GenMack hasn't even been taken out of the bag he brought it in yet.
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

This is why I'm waiting in the wings for OD's wife to get sick of him being such a good guy and deciding she wants to be hanging out with a complete and utter wanker. I wait......and wait........in the meantime wrangling lunch invites from them is becoming a pastime.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Too many potatoes, not enough meat. Carrots cut too pointy. Would not eat.
(not sure anyone will get the reference)
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Haha, I love those pics. I think you've uploaded this before, giblet. Something you're not telling us? :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic