81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boys

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boys

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Wow, this guy, Jack "Dad" Sporich, is a piece of work. When he was previously released from prison, his own family pleaded for the courts to not allow his release for bail, for fear that he would continue to abuse more children when given the chance.

He apparently used to drive around Siem Reap on his motorbike, dropping money in order to attract children.

He was charged under the Protection Act, which allows Americans to be charged in US courts for crimes they've committed overseas.

They even managed to get one of the Cambodian victims to travel to the US and appear in court for his trial. His request to withdraw his guilty plea was denied in 2010.

10 years is a short sentence, but I assume his age played a factor here. Let's hope he expires before the 10 years are up.

Ex-con sex tourist, 81, gets decade in prison for Southeast Asia child sex

An 81-year-old pedophile who previously served time for molesting a Southern California child was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in federal prison for having sexual contact with two 12-year-old boys in Southeast Asia.

Jack “Dad” Sporich was expelled from Cambodia in 2009 and charged in a three-count federal indictment in Los Angeles as a result of a crackdown on “sex tourists” who travel to Southeast Asia to engage in illicit sex with children.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/09/29/81 ... child-sex/

An article about him from 2009:

Jack Sporich, 75, of Sedona, Arizona, sexually abused at least one Cambodian boy, authorities said. Witnesses claim Sporich drove his motor bike through the streets of Siem Riep, dropping Cambodian currency to attract children.

Several boys stayed at the home, which had a swimming pool, water slide, video games, toys and clothing, authorities said.

http://khmernz.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html?m=1

And this talks about Jack Sporich's family requesting he stay in prison instead of getting released:

Jack Louis Sporich, 75 years old, was arrested on February 2, in the province of Siem Reap, for alleged sexual abuse of four Cambodian children. In August, he was released on bail, despite his family was publicly denounce his past sexual offenses and pleading with the court to not allow his release. U.S. authorities suspect he may have sexually abused at least 500 children in the U.S.

http://www.protectgh.org/en/noticias_de ... c=2&page=6
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: 81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boy

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sicko!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: 81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boys

Post by vladimir »

God bless America, thanks for exporting your scum, guys. :thumb:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

So is this guy still alive ??

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Micmac wrote:So is this guy still alive ??

i hope so, he needs to suffer
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: 81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boys

Post by Micmac »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Yes true,,but i would be surprised if he would last 6mths in a cambodia prison.

Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: 81yo American Sex Tourist Gets 10 Years for Sex with Boys

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Micmac wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Yes true,,but i would be surprised if he would last 6mths in a cambodia prison.

hes in prison in the US, he had some order on him which meant he could be charged in the US for crimes he committed overseas, they even flew one of the cambodian boys over to the US in order to testify against him
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

That's the worst about Cambodia, all that pedo shit going on.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

franzjaeger wrote:That's the worst about Cambodia, all that pedo shit going on.

sihanoukville still attracts the weirdos, i ran into quite a few suspects earlier this year,
i remember one guy who was probably in his 50's asking and telling me stuff like...
"whats the legal age of consent here"
when asked why it should concern him his reply
"oh i just wanted to know as i dont want to be seen as a pedophile as i hear this place has a reputation for it" (he mentioned the reputation a few times)
to which i then pointed out the 2 young bracelet girls he had been sat with for the past hour that i knew, i informed him that they are only 16, and if that was his concern then why had he been buying them drinks and dinner for the past hour, i then asked him how long he was planning on staying in town...
"i arrived today but only staying a couple of days to see if i like it, then im heading back"
to which i though was weird that he had flown all the way from the states just for a few days (i later found out that people had seen him about the past few days)
he also made a comment about one of them about a conversation he must of had with the girls before i came over concerned...
"this one i am going to come back and marry when shes 18" (or something like that)
he was dressed like a total nonse as well and i later see him walking up beach road with the 2 bracelet girls, i know the girls and theyre not stupid, probs ended up milking him for some gifts or something

came across quite a few similar guys this year, on numerous occasions id have some of the bracelet girls coming up to me and pointing men out that have propositioned them, usually ones hanging down on the beach, i ended up stop going down there :no:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic