SHV: Rene Brakenhoff, Dutch, Arrested for Overstaying

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

SHV: Rene Brakenhoff, Dutch, Arrested for Overstaying

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Dutch Man Arrested for Overstaying

Sihanoukville: According to Dap News, A Dutchman whose visa had already expired had been illegally living in Sihanoukville, one of the provinces in Cambodia. He was arrested by immigration police in the morning on 25 September 2015. He then was sent to immigration department later.

The immigration police confirmed that the foreigner name Rene Brakenhoff, Dutch, 46 years old. His visa had expired since 03 June 2015. He owed the guest house owner $2876 for the rent

The immigration police added, after having receiving a complaint from the guest house owner, they went to that guest house and started checking his document, as a result, he was found living in Cambodia illegally. Just within a year, 3000 foreigners, about 50 different nationalities and 2000 Vietnamese were arrested and deported out of Cambodia for living illegally.

Imageg

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Ville: man Dutch man expired visa, however, continue to steal stay in Sihanoukville Province, Sihanouk was police office aliens committing Website interviews arrested on the morning of September 25, 2015 and sent to the General Department of Immigration work asked and expelled from the country.

Ministers Police Office aliens of Police Preah Sihanouk province, said foreigners has named RENE BRAKENOFF Dutchman, 46, holders visa expired since June 30, 2015, and the offense another is owed owners Kong Baghdad where they reside 2,876 dollars.

According to officials, police, after receiving complaints of the host, the above police chief of Preah Sihanouk Gen. sometimes Narin ordered office by experts conduct interrogation and search for relevant documents of stay also discovered that this is truly living illegally Yes.

Gen. research campaign to find foreigners living illegally on the territory Ville will make up the following not to be present, they continue to live like this anymore.

According to the Minister of Immigration Department of the Ministry of Interior, said that for about a year, more than 3,000 foreigners who have nearly 50 nationalities have been arrested in Vietnam for more than 2000 people have been arrested and sent out of the country.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Re: SHV: Rene Brakenhoff, Dutch, Arrested for Overstaying

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Nearly 3k, that's a big IOU.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

How come the owner of the guest house allowed him to owe them a lot of money and 3000 foreigners were arrested and deported out of Cambodia. That's not a small number.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

people like this annoy really me
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Samouth wrote:How come the owner of the guest house allowed him to owe them a lot of money and 3000 foreigners were arrested and deported out of Cambodia. That's not a small number.
Well, over 2000 of the 3000 were Vietnamese. A great many more of the deported were ethnic minority tribal people who also got sent to Vietnam. There was also a crackdown on Asian workers without work permits and many were deported.

I'm not sure why they are being deported, Samouth. Do you have any ideas as to why Cambodia might suddenly be going crazy about illegal immigrants? What do the opinion pieces in the Cambodian media say about this roundup?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
Samouth wrote:How come the owner of the guest house allowed him to owe them a lot of money and 3000 foreigners were arrested and deported out of Cambodia. That's not a small number.
Well, over 2000 of the 3000 were Vietnamese. A great many more of the deported were ethnic minority tribal people who also got sent to Vietnam. There was also a crackdown on Asian workers without work permits and many were deported.

I'm not sure why they are being deported, Samouth. Do you have any ideas as to why Cambodia might suddenly be going crazy about illegal immigrants? What do the opinion pieces in the Cambodian media say about this roundup?
i think the new chief of police in sihanoukville has something to do with all the deportations there, cleaning the streets n what not
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jerry Atrick wrote:

i think the new chief of police in sihanoukville has something to do with all the deportations there, cleaning the streets n what not
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jerry Atrick wrote:

I think the two major reasons for deportation are living and working illegally in Cambodia. I think the reason that Cambodia started to round up and deport illegal immigrants especially Vietnamese, because the government wants to gain the support from the majority of Cambodian who hate seeing Vietnamese in Cambodia and the pressure from the opposition party. Note, this is just my personal belief, it might be wrong. I don't watch much TV, so i really have no ideas what Cambodian media say about this roundup.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Samouth wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:

I think the two major reasons for deportation are living and working illegally in Cambodia. I think the reason that Cambodia started to round up and deport illegal immigrants especially Vietnamese, because the government wants to gain the support from the majority of Cambodian who hate seeing Vietnamese in Cambodia and the pressure from the opposition party. Note, this is just my personal belief, it might be wrong. I don't watch much TV, so i really have no ideas what Cambodian media say about this roundup.
There's a political move away from the Vietnamese and towards China and the Thai junta. We're buddies with the Thais now, all in Preah Veheah is forgotten. It's mostly about money, Vietnam's stooges have been strangling investment and infrastructure development. The Chinese have bottomless pockets here in SHV and what with the dispute over the Spratleys Vietnam is a regional competitor to China and mister shit in their books. Go to the team with the big pockets and show your enthusiasm for their principles by kicking their opponents out of the country. Perfectly legitimately - no visa and out you go. The low hanging fruit.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

cptrelentless wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:

There's a political move away from the Vietnamese and towards China and the Thai junta. We're buddies with the Thais now, all in Preah Veheah is forgotten. It's mostly about money, Vietnam's stooges have been strangling investment and infrastructure development. The Chinese have bottomless pockets here in SHV and what with the dispute over the Spratleys Vietnam is a regional competitor to China and mister shit in their books. Go to the team with the big pockets and show your enthusiasm for their principles by kicking their opponents out of the country. Perfectly legitimately - no visa and out you go. The low hanging fruit.
This sounds really possible. It seems like recently our government and the junta government of Thailand get along with each other fairly well. There are a lot of thai dramas are screening on Cambodia TV which it was banned long time ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic