NO more 15/30 day visa exempt crossing thai/Cambodia border

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Re: NO more 15/30 day visa exempt crossing thai/Cambodia bor

Post by snookie BRO »

TheGrinchSR wrote:All they're saying is - come from Cambodia? Need a visa. They're entitled to do that any time they like.. The Thai government couldn't give a **** about either group.
BWARGHHHH,,,urgh.... eu,,....

Look, people care-but i hope this is a temporary thing; I like both countries, despite how crazy they both are.... :evil: ... :D
Rider of the storm.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:All they're saying is - come from Cambodia? Need a visa. They're entitled to do that any time they like. Want a visa waiver? Fly. Given that Air Asia now covers this as a reasonable price, it's not the end of the world. The only people really inconvenienced are those who are declined a visa and those who rely on $10 bus journeys for cross-country travel. The Thai government couldn't give a **** about either group.
You are forgetting SHV/SR expats that drive their own transport to Thailand, it will become a very inconvenient trip.
No, it won't. It just means they'll need to get a visa first. Which is what I'll be doing on my next trip to Thailand.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:All they're saying is - come from Cambodia? Need a visa. They're entitled to do that any time they like. Want a visa waiver? Fly. Given that Air Asia now covers this as a reasonable price, it's not the end of the world. The only people really inconvenienced are those who are declined a visa and those who rely on $10 bus journeys for cross-country travel. The Thai government couldn't give a **** about either group.
You are forgetting SHV/SR expats that drive their own transport to Thailand, it will become a very inconvenient trip.
No, it won't. It just means they'll need to get a visa first. Which is what I'll be doing on my next trip to Thailand.
Yes it will.
No more last minute departure, how many days needed for organizing a PP's thai embassy visa from the provinces ?
I am still hoping this is only a temporary decision.
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

this only affect the cambodia border, its business as usual for Laos

whats up with that?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

retaliation for the Erawan bomber crossing in at the thai/cambo border.

think how much money Cambodia is losing daily. $30 /person + 300 baht ( extra charge for quick turn around)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote:retaliation for the Erawan bomber crossing in at the thai/cambo border.
If that were the case, how do you explain the Kanchanaburi border check point?
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Having booked my flight and expecting land entry to be at least 15 days I find this rumor extremely upsetting. For 10 years I've used this entry and found it very handy as I spend about half my time in Cambodia. What bothers me more actually is TOTAL LACK of ANY first hand reports. It's all rumor until we get those. Now *I* view this as an extension of the clampdown on the in/out longer stay types, perhaps there really is a national threat posed by english teachers working illegally.

I used THIS method last year when my local Thai honorary consulate informed me that the laws changed (big surprise huh?) and I had to drive 6 hrs round trip to apply for my Tourist Visa in person. I had no car at the time and it was not possible. My plan had been to stay with the TG then bop over to Cambodia for a month or two and come back for the final month or so. I always fly in and out from Bangkok. WELL, she was MOST upset I was leaving her, so I ended up staying with her the whole time making a couple in/outs necessary. This was at the time the crackdown was going in place. No problems, but now I wonder as I have a new passport which shows only this trip and not the trips of the last 10 years with more than a couple Tourist Visa's in it.

The idea that it won't affect many is bullshit, period. MANY people use Thailand as a base to explore SE Asia. You're going to pay the money for a 2 mouth Tourist Visa and then bop over to Cambodia for a few weeks LOSING IT and then come back and buy ANOTHER one should you want to see Laos or Myanmar a bit? I am hoping I won't have a problem, as it should be fairly obvious to officers that I'm ONLY there for a few months ONCE a year. OBVIOUSLY not living in Thailand or trying to. Long vacation, period.

As always the most f**ked up thing about this is how SUDDENLY something with this impact is enacted, leaving many many ppl in the lurch and perhaps stranded somewhere needing to get BACK into Thailand to fly home.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I tell all its a big problem and will cost Cambodia a sizable amount of income but now we have these two updates;
...This latest update comes via Thaivisaservice.com who told Thaivisa.com that Immigration officials at Ban Laem/Daun Lem, Ban Pakard/Phsa Prum and Aranyaprathet/Poipet will allow Out/In stamps for “Westerners/Japanese/Russians” in possession of a valid double/triple tourist visa or multiple non immigrant visa.
However, people from ASEAN nations even with valid visas are still not be issued Out/In stamps.
Out/In stamps for visa exempt entries are still not permitted for any nationality.
There is no update from the Phu Nam Ron border in Kanchanaburi.
As to ur 3rd paragraph , this will solve that;
Quote:
Unlike current tourist visas, which offer from one to three entries, the six-month multiple-entry visa will allow unlimited border crossings during the validity period. However, to prevent foreigners from basically living in Thailand on tourist visas, each entry will be limited to 60 days.
The new multiple-entry visa will cost B5,000, versus B1,000 for a single-entry, 60-day visa, which can be extended in-country for up to 30 days for an additional fee.
New 6-month visas begin Nov 13, but limit stays
PS having a new passport does not mean shit, ( this has been discussed on thia visa for years) ur in the computer and all travel is there for them to see

well the little wheel is spinning for about 30 secs now......
Lets see if this posts :popcorn:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:I tell all its a big problem and will cost Cambodia a sizable amount of income but now we have these two updates;
...This latest update comes via Thaivisaservice.com who told Thaivisa.com that Immigration officials at Ban Laem/Daun Lem, Ban Pakard/Phsa Prum and Aranyaprathet/Poipet will allow Out/In stamps for “Westerners/Japanese/Russians” in possession of a valid double/triple tourist visa or multiple non immigrant visa.
However, people from ASEAN nations even with valid visas are still not be issued Out/In stamps.
Out/In stamps for visa exempt entries are still not permitted for any nationality.
There is no update from the Phu Nam Ron border in Kanchanaburi.
As to ur 3rd paragraph , this will solve that;
Quote:
Unlike current tourist visas, which offer from one to three entries, the six-month multiple-entry visa will allow unlimited border crossings during the validity period. However, to prevent foreigners from basically living in Thailand on tourist visas, each entry will be limited to 60 days.
The new multiple-entry visa will cost B5,000, versus B1,000 for a single-entry, 60-day visa, which can be extended in-country for up to 30 days for an additional fee.
New 6-month visas begin Nov 13, but limit stays
PS having a new passport does not mean shit, ( this has been discussed on thia visa for years) ur in the computer and all travel is there for them to see

well the little wheel is spinning for about 30 secs now......
Lets see if this posts :popcorn:
i always get the double entry visa when coming to Thailand, have done even on my first visit for a number of reasons 1. i wanted to explore the country from bottom to top and was going to take me longer than 30days, and 2. a lot of airlines in the uk now refuse you travel if you dont have proof of onward travel unless you already have a visa, plus i get 60days upon re-entry and not 15/30days (whatever it is now it keeps changing lol) that costs me £50 from the Thai embassay in Hull, which is nothing really, this 6month multi entry visa could be tempting though, gives even more freedom
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic