"I Felt So Embarrassed Before These Foreigners"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

"I Felt So Embarrassed Before These Foreigners"

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Another Cambodian looked at me and said, "I felt so embarrassed before these foreigners"

Around 11:45 am, I went to withdraw some money at the south of independent monument where many ATMs are located. I went to ACLEDA ATM, however it was being fixed, so the staff of ACLEDA bank greeted me and asked me to wait for 5 minute, but I ended up waiting for 15 minutes. After that, there was an American who came to pull over some money too. He gave me a sigh suggesting me to go first. So, I told him that the ATM was being fixed, we had to wait and I chatted with him while we were waiting for the ATM to be fixed.

After a while, there were a French guy, 2 Japanese (1 female) and a Cambodian who came to withdraw the money too. They were staying in line. The American guy turned back and talked to everyone while everyone was waiting. He told them that I was the first one to arrive meaning I was the one who would use the ATM first. After we all were waiting together for 10 minutes, there was an modern car with parliament number plate (parliament 5-000X) arrived, a well-dressed guy who was sitting at the back seat of the car got out of the car and walked pass everyone to stand in the front with his hand holding the handle of ATM door.

Having seen this, the American guy who was sitting next to the ATM grabbed his trouser and pointed at me and tried to tell that man about everyone turn, however that man just ignored it.

Three minutes later, the ATM was completely fixed, so he went into it. As a result, everyone (foreigners) shouted at him, except me and another Cambodian. We didn’t say anything; we just smiled at each other. The American guy was not fine about it. He opened the door and asked that guy to get out. However, that guy replied to the American guy “BUSY BUSY BUSY” and continued to withdraw the money. Then, I told everyone that please just let him do it first, so everyone calmed down.

After thirty second, he got out of the ATM room and smiled to everyone and got on his car. Then, the American guy told me to get in and withdraw my money; however I told him that because I gave up my turn, so I wanted to wait to the last. Therefore, it is fair for everyone and you guy didn’t have to face this injustice. Another Cambodian looked at me and said “I felt so embarrassed before these foreigners”.

A security guard who brought me there told me that (Some Cambodians have really bad habit). I responded to him that (I hope that those foreigners will understand it. It is not our culture; it is just a bad habit of some Cambodian).

Source: http://www.vopkh.net/%E1%9E%94%E1%9E%BB ... %E1%9E%89/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: I Felt So Embarrassed Before These Foreigners

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

if he had of shouted busy busy busy to me like that id of grabbed hold of the door handle and not let the cunt out for 10minutes lol all he would of had to due is ask, us british are very passionate about our ques :P there is a strict Etiquette!! :P
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: "I Felt So Embarrassed Before These Foreigners"

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Shame I wasn't there I typically just move right past them again and tell them to wait their turn in no uncertain terms. If they try to get past again I elbow them so they can't. That shit pisses me off to no end.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ali baba
Expatriate

Re:

Post by ali baba »

I went to Kids City yesterday and after finishing at the climbing walls on floor 4 I hailed the lift to take us up to the ice rink on floor 10. So I pressed the button and waited and when the lift arrived another group marched in in front of us. I suspected that they wanted to go down and didn't object. Sure enough they didn't get off the lift with us at the top.
Scarier than malaria.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re:

Post by Samouth »

The American guy turned back and talked to everyone while everyone was waiting. He told them that I was the first one to arrive meaning I was the one who would use the ATM first.
Is it true that most Americans are approachable? How about Richard? :stir:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Re:

Post by Duncan »

Samouth wrote:
The American guy turned back and talked to everyone while everyone was waiting. He told them that I was the first one to arrive meaning I was the one who would use the ATM first.
Is it true that most Americans are approachable? How about Richard? :stir:

You're talking about Richard Nixon ,,, right.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re:

Post by vladimir »

That's a Tricky Dicky question, Duncan...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re:

Post by sigmoid »

This reads like a totally fake story or, at best, a piece of fiction.
Around 11:45 am, I went to withdraw some money at the south of independent monument where many ATMs are located.
Although there are many ATMs around, not only does this guy choose to wait but a small line forms as well. At no point during a 10-minute wait in the hot sun (it just happens to be mid-day) does it occur to anyone to go to another ATM. Then, some hi-so guy shows up in a "modern car" to cut into the queue.

It looks like something plagiarised from Aesop's Fables.

The last part is a bit weird too: "A security guard who brought me there..."

Who would be brought to an ATM by a security guard and why???
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re:

Post by vladimir »

1. Not all ATMs cover all banks. For example, when I last went to Koh Kong, I could not find a single ANZ-friendly ATM. I don't blame them, actually.

2. Modern car means flashy new car, ie Range Rover

3. re the security guard, lost in translation, don't take it as literal, probably means the security guard I spoke with who owrks at the ATM.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic