The Best Things About Growing Old

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: The Best Things About Growing Old

Post by Sailorman »

You don't have to give a shit what ignorant, infantile, flamers like Barang_doa_slae say to try and make everyone look at them by spewing illogical, mindless, pointless, person attacks.

You never have to work again.
You don't have to give a damn about fashion.
You don't have to spend a 50 years in prison when you get rid of some of the garbage inhabiting this world. (that is if you get caught)
Robber, thugs, thieves, crooks and lowlifes, discount you for being old, weak, feeble minded, when what they don't know is you have the background to slice n' dice them in a heart beat. (cheap entertainment)
You get discounts all over the place.
The government (US and states) pay you not to come to work.
You don't have to give up a seat on public transit to a woman, old person, etc.
Unless you really want to, you don't have to go to war.(more cheap entertainment.)
You won't live to see the world taken over by Islam.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

wackyjacky wrote:Stop deluding yourselves, there's nothing good about growing old, other than that it beats the fuck out of the alternative.
WackyJacky,

You’re right of course, but at your age and level of wisdom wouldn’t you agree it’s better to make the best out of the inevitable?

Complaining and being worried about aging gets me depressed at times but growing older as man sure beats aging as a women; however, in light of what you said we could start could start a thread on the negatives too.

I’ll start:
1) Hearing my mates complaining about growing old. ;) :D
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Sailorman wrote:You don't have to give a shit what ignorant, infantile, flamers like Barang_doa_slae say to try and make everyone look at them by spewing illogical, mindless, pointless, person attacks.

You don't have to spend a 50 years in prison when you get rid of some of the garbage inhabiting this world. (that is if you get caught)
Robber, thugs, thieves, crooks and lowlifes, discount you for being old, weak, feeble minded, when what they don't know is you have the background to slice n' dice them in a heart beat. (cheap entertainment)
You don't have to give up a seat on public transit to a woman, old person, etc.
You won't live to see the world taken over by Islam.
Holy shit, with that level of aggravation I wonder if I will live to see Sailorman take over the world or at least Sihanoukville? :P

Just kidding Sailorman, I may not agree with all your posts but they always bring a little smile on my wrinkly face.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Poor sailorman. His world was already turned upside down once when he got a black president. It might start all over again if a wimin ever gets elected.

Oh sorry I forgot, you're not a redneck racist! =@
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I feel extremely uncomfortable, I am agreeing with a Belgian.

Tell us about the Belgian government, logos.

OK, we'll wait... :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I couldn't tell you much Vlad, sorry. Unlike you I'm not really into poltics, just into common sense.

On the other hand you will be interested in a gastronomical titbit.
Did you know that grilled hedgehog is a Belgian favourite ?
The animal should then be seasoned and prepared for cooking; pressed in a towel until dry, then either encased in clay or wrapped in grasses. The meat should then be roasted and served with cameline sauce.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

:ROFL: %)

:stir:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

wackyjacky wrote:Stop deluding yourselves, there's nothing good about growing old, other than that it beats the fuck out of the alternative.
This is true.
So is this:
Therapist wrote:
Complaining and being worried about aging gets me depressed at times...
I’ll start:
1) Hearing my mates complaining about growing old. ;)/quote]
:thumb: Please don't tell me all about your heart by-pass or your menopause or the fact that you have problems with alcohol. Just because I'm the same age as you doesn't mean that I give a f'k. Thank you. 8) Pass the dutchie from the left-hand side...
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Therapist: I try to entertain and bring a little ray of sunshine into others dismal lives. (present company excepted of course.)

Logos: Your just an ignorant flamer. Go back and hide under your bridge. I back a man of African descent for President. Dr. Ben Carson for President!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic