More silly US laws - necrophilia legal in Massachusetts

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

More silly US laws - necrophilia legal in Massachusetts

Post by Anchor Moy »

Necrophilia, the act of having sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a dead body, is still technically legal in many American states. In Massachusetts, one politician is trying to get that changed.

Aaron Vega, a 45-year-old state representative from Massachusetts, did not particularly want to go down in history as the “necrophilia legislator”, but when a captain in his local town’s police force came to him with what he calls a couple of “loopholes in the law”, he felt he had no choice but to risk the stigma.

“Currently, it is illegal to have sex with an animal in Massachusetts, but not with a dead person,” Vega told the Guardian.

What the Democrat calls an “interesting paradigm” does not stop here.

“There is also a host of arcane Massachusetts laws that are still on the books,” he said.

Among other “outdated” and “unenforceable” laws in his state was the stated criminality of adultery, sodomy, blasphemy and the act of displaying an albino in public for hire, he pointed out.

Determined to change this, Vega is currently co-sponsoring a bill, filed earlier this year, to explicitly outlaw necrophilia under an existing section of the Massachusetts law books entitled “Crimes Against Chastity, Morality, Decency and Good Order”, making the act punishable by up to 20 years.

This is the very same chapter where many of the outdated laws Vega decries – like displaying an albino person in public for hire – are still contained. Another under the same section stipulates that “vagabonds” may be imprisoned for up to 12 months for “acting in a suspicious manner” in a public setting.

When pushed, Vega admits he knew of no particular necrophilia incident in his state, but that that didn’t mean sex with cadavers wasn’t going on...
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... aaron-vega

Yep, sometimes you really wonder if they don't have better things to do :o ?
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: More silly US laws - necrophilia legal in Massachusetts

Post by wackyjacky »

I didn't know that and I grew up in Boston. Animals are out and dead humans are OK. What about dead animals and what's the statute of limitations ?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

How much for the albino?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

wackyjacky wrote:I didn't know that and I grew up in Boston. Animals are out and dead humans are OK. What about dead animals and what's the statute of limitations ?
You're asking about the statue of limitations for a friend, right?

Don't worry bro I would do the same thing. *wink* *wink*
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Gays will be happy that 'dead ringers' are now not just a phrase.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

In Alaska there used to be no sodomy laws. Dogs, sheep, cows, Moose, bears were fair game.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sailorman wrote:In Alaska there used to be no sodomy laws. Dogs, sheep, cows, Moose, bears were fair game.
Grizzled old sexpats
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

No, what I saw in 20 years in Alaska and was told to me by law enforcement friends, it was mostly a native-American thing. Eskimo tradition was that if you were a good hunter you could have as many wives as you could support. If you were a bad hunter, there were dogs as in the Eskimo religion dogs have no soul/spirit.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Sailorman wrote:No, what I saw in 20 years in Alaska and was told to me by law enforcement friends, it was mostly a native-American thing. Eskimo tradition was that if you were a good hunter you could have as many wives as you could support. If you were a bad hunter, there were dogs as in the Eskimo religion dogs have no soul/spirit.
They didn't have a religion as we know it but they were animist and believe that everything had a spirt.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic