BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:I am usually at least somewhat techy but why can I not find you in Tapatalk?

I do a search for Cambodia forums and I get 4 entries -- a certain Thinking Man's forum, LinC, A Sinoukville forum, and a Thai forum that includes Cambodia.

No sign of you guys.

I search CEO and other permutations of your name and still cannot find you.

Oddly this is only in the past 10-12 days as I had found you previously on Tapatalk but never subscribed.
Hmmmm. Comes up for me. I'm on Android.

Can others confirm?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:I am usually at least somewhat techy but why can I not find you in Tapatalk?

I do a search for Cambodia forums and I get 4 entries -- a certain Thinking Man's forum, LinC, A Sinoukville forum, and a Thai forum that includes Cambodia.

No sign of you guys.

I search CEO and other permutations of your name and still cannot find you.

Oddly this is only in the past 10-12 days as I had found you previously on Tapatalk but never subscribed.
Hmmmm. Comes up for me. I'm on Android.

Can others confirm?

Not sure why it would make a difference but I am on Windows Phone 8. You disappeared after the latest Tapatalk update on that platform.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Hmm... on my Nexus 7 it doesn't come up either in Search, but when I visit this site on it, it does pop up a link to use the app.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Damn. We'll have to wait for The Dragon...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Not sure how Tapatalk forum search works --- but it may be Search Engine related. On my note book I Google "Cambodia forums" and you guys show up on page 5. I try same with Bing and I still cannot find you after 15 pages :(

My Win8 Phone probably defaults to Bing.

If I sharpen my search to "Cambodia Expat forums" you show up on Page 4 of my notebook bing search. If I search same on Tapatalk I get nothing.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Rain Dog wrote:Not sure how Tapatalk forum search works --- but it may be Search Engine related. On my note book I Google "Cambodia forums" and you guys show up on page 5. I try same with Bing and I still cannot find you after 15 pages :(

My Win8 Phone probably defaults to Bing.

If I sharpen my search to "Cambodia Expat forums" you show up on Page 4 of my notebook bing search. If I search same on Tapatalk I get nothing.
It may take a few months for Google to start ranking it well.

It does show up for 'cambodia expats online' in the 1st slot now, when I started on here it was on page 4.

If you want to help it, just throw a link up here or there from a page or profile on another website.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Honestly not sure how tapatalk ranks in their search.

With Bing, I've only recently been working on getting us moved up the Bing ranks, making Google first priority. But we'll get there.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I think for Tapatalk you either got to apply to be in their search, or put some code on your server or something...
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I don't even really use TapaTalk, I just like to help test cuz I got some web dev experience, lots of "devices", and I like the site. :thumb:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

FreeSocrates! wrote:I think for Tapatalk you either got to apply to be in their search, or put some code on your server or something...
we've done both of those, and for some people it's showing up fine. just not sure how SEO works there to get ranked higher...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic