Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by vladimir »

wolfy wrote:and the feeling of being watched I get in my shower,,,,
Beware of Master Bates... :twisted:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

Hello.

I spent several hours trying to choose the perfect user name.

Finally I hit the keyboard three times, and here I am. :D

Best of luck with the new board.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Ttr, are you made in Japan or China?

Most Ttr's are made in China now.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

General Mackevili wrote:
Alex wrote: I'm Alex. Not really a Cambodia Expat (BKK as in Bangkok, not BKK1). But Phnom Penh isn't really safe from me, you'll see. Cheers!
Haha, glad to see you over here, and I look forward to your input on random topics! Catch up with you next time I'm Bangkok (or when you make it over here)!
Great, get in touch when you're here again! I'll probably be in Phnom Penh later this month as well. :beer:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Oops! I almost forgot to introduce myself.

First of all, I just want to say I'm glad to see so many posters already signed up and getting involved here on CEO! We are off to a really good start, everyone! Thanks! We have a good mix of some posters everyone is familiar with and quite a few new posters as well.

We are obviously just getting started, so it will take a little time to build up a lot of interesting topics to discuss. Please feel free to start your own thread about anything you find interesting, and hopefully others will find it interesting too. If not, oh well. Try again!

I'm trying to encourage everyone to be a little nicer to people on here (coming from you know where), especially people who have just signed up. I can remember when I first signed up on another Cambodian forum and got eaten alive! I have pretty thick skin, but nobody feels welcome on a new forum if they get attacked by other posters from the moment they land here. Let's try real hard to make everyone feel welcome.

I have spent a lot of time on another board over the years, and while I was very happy there, we just thought it was time for a change and to do our own thing here. We have no problems at all with you being active members of any other forums, and glad you have several options when looking for a Cambodia expats forum to spend your time on. That said, please know that we will not tolerate posts that directly insult other Cambodia forums or their users, mods or admin. Consider it a professional courtesy. Everybody loves choices!!!

We also plan to be VERY fair with the rules here. If I can say it, you can say it. And if you can't say it, I can't say either. Simple as that, really.

We happen to know several of our posters in real life and are glad to call them our friends. While we might know a lot of people's identities on here, we promise to keep everyone's information 100% private. We will not tolerate the outing of other posters in any way, shape or form. Some people want to keep their information very private for whatever reasons, and some don't care at all and even have links to their websites/blogs in their signatures. Just to keep things simple, please refrain for using anyone's name on here, even if they don't seem to mind. There is a reason we are all allowed to choose any username we want. Also, if you happen to see someone using your old username from another site before you've had a chance to register it yourself, let us know and we can sort that out.

So please don't send me a PM asking, "Who is poster XXXXXX?" Even if I know I won't tell you. I suggest you ask them yourself. I have made a lot of friends here in SEasia by just sharing my info and asking if people want to meet up for a drink or whatever. Most people are quite outgoing, and some prefer not to meet up or share contact info. That's all dandy, but please respect everyone's right to privacy.

Also, this site is for anyone who is interested in Cambodia, not just expats and certainly not just expats in Phnom Penh or any other specific city/province. Many of us have friends that have lived here for years and have since moved to another country, maybe even back home. They are also very welcome here and are usually still full of all sorts of useful info related to Cambodia that many of us can benefit from. So I look forward to all sorts of people with different demographic profiles signed up here!

We have also added all sorts of really cool features you won't find elsewhere. These have mostly been suggested by our posters that we approved of and added. The Dragon is the IT guy, so he works all of the magic on that end. We are both very social so feel free to let us know of any other features you like or don't like. This forum is supposed to be for everyone, and we want everyone to have a part in creating it.

Just to list a few nifty features we've implemented here so far:

You can add or subtract Karma points of other posters. Please don't abuse this privilege and it should really be used to give a poster feedback on their posting style or attitude, and let others know how how you feel about them. Ideally, this would be used to vote on the way they post, not the content necessarily. So, if I'm a dog lover and hate cats, and a poster starts a thread about cats, I really shouldn't give them bad Karma just because I don't like the topic they started. You get the idea.

*And just so you know how it works: You can give or take up to 5 points from them every so often. You can also send it with a note letting them know why you did it. Only they can see the reason why you did it and who it came from, but others can only see a poster's number of Karma points, nothing more.

Embedding Videos:

Now you can embed videos from several popular sites. Not just YouTube anymore, but also Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com) and LiveLeak (http://www.liveleak.com). You just copy the video CODE from the link (not the entire link, just the code) and use the above buttons to get the script to be pasted here. You can always preview your message before you send it just so you can see if it was done properly. Please contact us if you need any help with this.

Flags:

You can choose a national flag to display on your profile. I like this one because most of us are expats from all over the world so it's cool to see where everyone is from.

New Smileys:

You might notice some new smileys! Many were manually added by The Dragon! Also, if you don't see one avaliable that you like using, send us a message and we can get it added here for you. We didn't have the facepalm smiley, but someone asked for it and it was added the very same day.

Tapatalk:

This is a godsend to me!! We are running the latest versions of everything on this forum, and that includes the API (whatever that means, I have no clue really) for Tapatalk! What does this mean?! It means all of the Tapatalk features actually WORK!! On some other forums I use Tapatalk with, the features don't all work. Very annoying. But ours work. You can see "threads started by" and things like that.

The best part about all of these extra features is that if you don't like them, you don't have to use them! :good:

Also, The Dragon and I plan to run this site in a very social and friendly manner. Please don't be afraid to PM us for any reasons at all. I promise we will respond.

We also have a female mod (is this a first for Cambodia?) that we believe is fair and easy going, and also very outgoing! She is very good about replying to PM's and is overall a great expat to have in Cambodia. She will also be running the VIP Ladies section herself, so that will have no male interaction at all. Her name is SockPuppet. She can also grant CEO posters permission to enter the Special Access forums that are hidden to everyone else, so feel free to PM her so she can activate your VIP access.

If you have any ideas for CEO at all, we'd love to hear them! Any feedback, good or bad is welcome too! We obviously can't act on every suggestion you have, but I can assure you it will definitely be taken into consideration.

And again, we are just starting out, so spread the word about CEO and get your friends that are interested about Cambodia signed up! The more people here the better! You can share us on your Twitter and even on your Facebook status updates! We need all the publicity we can get guys! This will be a lot of fun for us all.

I guess that's pretty much it. If you have any questions, just ask. :unknown:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Nice intro. I have a question. Can the female mod view the 'After Dark' section?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Scobienz wrote:After a few years in Thailand I moved here 9 months ago to make money and to enhance my career. Other personal details are nobody's business and irrelevant in any case.
Scoby Brother...we already have all your personal details...

and it's well known that you're really here to help the disadvantaged and to spread your cheer, wit and insight to those in the dark...

welcome...Dude...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
ThePrimeMinister
Expatriate

Post by ThePrimeMinister »

General Mackevili wrote: Karma:

You can add or subtract Karma points of other posters. Please don't abuse this privilege and it should really be used to give a poster feedback on their posting style or attitude, and let others know how how you feel about them. Ideally, this would be used to vote on the way they post, not the content necessarily. So, if I'm a dog lover and hate cats, and a poster starts a thread about cats, I really shouldn't give them bad Karma just because I don't like the topic they started. You get the idea.

*And just so you know how it works: You can give or take up to 5 points from them every so often. You can also send it with a note letting them know why you did it. Only they can see the reason why you did it and who it came from, but others can only see a poster's number of Karma points, nothing more.
Still not seeing how this is actually done.
Can you dig it?!?!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Satiated Parrot wrote:Nice intro. I have a question. Can the female mod view the 'After Dark' section?

Thanks.

Very good question. No, she will not have access to the VIP Nightlife section and we won't go in the Ladies VIP section. (And we actually need to confirm this later tonight when we get back to our computers. We also realized some users didn't have permission to send PM's this morning, but that has been taken care of already).

It's also important to remember that we pretty allow anyone in there who asks, but users cannot have access to both the VIP Nightlife section and the VIP Women's section.

It would be impossible to "police" both sections flawlessly, and very complicated to make it a "referral only" system.

The main point of making it VIP is just to make it a little more discreet and keep it completely out of public view because of its content.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Scobienz wrote:After a few years in Thailand I moved here 9 months ago to make money and to enhance my career. Other personal details are nobody's business and irrelevant in any case.
Haha, great to see you over here! Welcome! ImageImageImage

Many people were cornered you'd never find the way...

Sent from my Google Glasses using Tapatalk
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

General Mackevili wrote:
Satiated Parrot wrote:Nice intro. I have a question. Can the female mod view the 'After Dark' section?
Thanks.

Very good question. No, she will not have access to the VIP Nightlife section and we won't go in the Ladies VIP section.

It's also important to remember that we pretty allow anyone in there who asks, but users cannot have access to both the VIP Nightlife section and the VIP Women's section.
So is the VIP Nightlife section for men only? Or can a female join as long as she does not have access to the VIP Women's section?

The description of the VIP Women's section says: "Be prepared to prove that you're a female..."

If I want access to the VIP Nightlife section do I need to prove that I am a male?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic