Long term guest house

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Long term guest house

Post by Glauco83 »

an other question: i see in some real estate web site the price for water and elettricity and city water it's different for every house, why?
what is it the correct price for kwh wnd m3?
jessy101
Expatriate

Long term guest house

Post by jessy101 »

That's expensive. Get a gf and stay with her. Save for the rent but probably spend more than the rent cost. Hehehe I'm just joking.
A lot of site can help please search more and good luck.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Very few guesthouses down here have websites. In fact very few guesthouses down here have any concept at all about marketing. A big reason so many fail.
Electricity costs vary because some landlords add their own tariff on top of the electricity company's tariff. Actual residential cost is 720 riel ( aprox 18 cents) per kw/h for the first ( I think) 250 kw/h and then 820 riel ( aprox 20 cents) after that. You will have no option but to pay what the landlord charges, but if you are being charged more then 1000 riel ( aprox 25 cents) take a hike and find somewhere else.
Water I can't remember, but my monthly average is around $3.
Last months bill for me for elec and water combined was $14. Its a fairly small apartment, I don't have A/C or hot water, run 2 fans regularly, a small fridge, T.V , a bench top oven and a couple of lights and of course computer and phone charging. I pay 1000r kw/h flat rate.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

450$ for Sovannapoum GH is about right ($15 per night, they dont do monthly rates), i used to get discount at around $350ish for the twin room with fridge and hot shower, because they know me, (they dont do monthly rates, but because they know i stay for a long time, i get my room for $5 per day cheaper than the standard rate) but then still that is a lot more expensive than my apartment that i ended up renting, bigger room+kitchen for $110 a month, hence why i moved, staying in a guesthouse you only need about 5 days to shop around, theres plenty of long stay apartments around in SHV all around the $100-$250 per month mark depending on how new/quality of the building, anything more than $250 and you could get a house,
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

$450. a month, plus the landlord is a standup guy.

A Russian moved into one of his houses, got drunk one night and left his front door open. Someone came over the wall (now has barbed wire) and stole his I-phone and electronics. The landlord is a reserve three stripe cop, went on line and tracked the I-phone down, put his uniform/gun on and went and arrested the thief. He got all the stolen stuff back. As I said, a real stand up man.

The alterative is down by where I live across from Hawaii beach. The houses are $450. but also next door are some new ones for rent from another landlord, but I don't know the price.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

look nice them might check them out when im back sailorman
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

jessy101 wrote:That's expensive.
Get a gf and stay with her.
Save for the rent but probably spend more than the rent cost. Hehehe I'm just joking.
A lot of site can help please search more and good luck.

Good idea, but I'm still looking for a site that lists girlfriends that want a handsome old and rich barang to move in with them.
I could use your help jessy.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic