Long term guest house

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Long term guest house

Post by Glauco83 »

What is you favourite guest house for long term rent?
I'm looking for a guest house that allow pet, cheap and clean. -I want book a room for 3 months (from january to march) so i can serch for an house...
i ask to sovanphum gurst house and they ask me 450$. Is it a little expensive?
Thanks for the answer... :hattip:
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Long term guest house

Post by Glauco83 »

i forgot to write... in Sihankouville!! ;)
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t6258.html

I am not sure if you have read this thread. There is a discussion about this guest house.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

You should be able to get a reasonable place in Sihanoukville for $100-200 for starters. Check out Charlie Harpers, rooms start at $6 a night. http://www.charlieharpersbar.com/
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

If you look in the housing section of this forum there are two bedroom houses for $450. a month. (Sihanoukville) You get a 32" flat screen TV, overstuffed furniture, free WiFi, Free cable TV, kitchen, two bedrooms/two bathrooms, 24 hour security, and the landlord is one of the most honest people I have ever met. They are over by the CT clinic area, but further down the street towards the main road.

Just across the street from where I live in a 20 house compound across from Hawaii beach), my land lord has built two bedroom houses for $450. a month with 12 hr. security, free TV, some furniture, two bedroom/two bath covered car port with small porch. The only real upside is that they are just a couple minutes walk to the beach. Some have washing machines
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

You are coming right in the high season. Very few guesthouses will accept long termers during this period and if they do , you can't really expect much of a discount. I don't think Charlie Harpers will accept a dog. You may have some luck with All Nations on Victory Hill, but they do have a resident dog who "owns" the place. If yours doesn't get on with him, you will need to move. Sailorman has the right idea, grab yourself an apartment. They start at around $80 ( without hot water or A/C) up to whatever you can afford to pay.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

ok thanks... :thumb: i thought that for the first time was better to rent a room in a guest house, so i have the time for look around to serch an appartment....
if i must pay $ 450 for a guest house, it's better look for a house! :D
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Glauco83 wrote:What is you favourite guest house for long term rent?
I'm looking for a guest house that allow pet, cheap and clean. -I want book a room for 3 months (from january to march) so i can serch for an house...
i ask to sovanphum gurst house and they ask me 450$. Is it a little expensive?
Thanks for the answer... :hattip:
OP, if you just need time to look for a house that should only take you a week or two, you won't need 3 months. Better move into a house or appartment as soon as possible.

These are 2 places that are probably good value on Occheuteal that you can try, but remember that it will be high season in Jan.
Occheuteal GH:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... vince.html
Zana House( not Zana Beach btw) :
http://www.sihanoukville-accommodation. ... m_roomrate
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Glauco83 wrote:if i must pay $ 450 for a guest house, it's better look for a house! :D
Yes.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

but is it normal that a lot of gh don't have their website? so i can contact directly for a quote... i don't want use booking for a long rental..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic