CEO, you must be %@$#*&! shitting me!!!!!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: CEO, you must be %@$#*&! shitting me!!!!!

Post by phuketrichard »

UnluckyBurger wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:its simple;
the owners dont care,
the forum runs on auto
little income from ads ( if any)
if they want better / faster loads it cost $$$
and its obvious they do not ( nor do i blame them) want to spend more $$
sooo
This is incorrect. We do care and believe it or not we are not that money oriented. It doesn't cost us anything besides my time to address these problems. Unfortunately, my time is very limited but this does not mean that the site is being neglected.

As UT says, we will be moving to a new server. The problem with moving is that the current configuration doesn't allow it. The previous sysadmin doesn't remember where he limited certain things and it does take time and energy to untangle it.

Since taking over I have spent at least 5 hours per week on stabilizing things. If we compare today with a month ago the site is performing at least 100% faster.

Nevertheless this is not a matter of money or priorities. It's a matter of having the time to find what the previous admin has forgotten.

I have tuned some things this morning. Let me know if it improves or worsens. If it doesn't improve I'll spend a night on it.
NO it is not ,it was better last month

it does cost more money as u need more dedicated space on the server and a better server.
nothing to do with your time

as to caring, when was the last time a owner was online? seems they have left the whole thing in ur hands
and as i stated it mostly runs on auto pilot
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You're sounding silly Richard.

We have a dedicated server. There is time required to move from the current corrupted install to the new one. Please be patient. We are working on it (believe it or not).

General Mackevili was last online on 'Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:34 am'.
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Post by UnluckyBurger »

phuketrichard wrote:NO it is not ,it was better last month
For you apparently yes, for many others no. Unfortunately I am the one who sees the server end of things. It's not a debate. Server performance has improved greatly. See this thread for example: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/tech-zo ... t6071.html
phuketrichard wrote:it does cost more money as u need more dedicated space on the server and a better server.
nothing to do with your time
There is nothing wrong with the size of our server. It has everything to do with my time. The problems are caused by misconfiguration, not insufficient server resources. Again, I am on the end to tell.

The only money involved right now is to pay for the server that we are currently using and the one that I am currently migrating to. GM has been kind enough to pay twice the cost for the transition period. I assure you that the money needed is there, otherwise these bills would be unpaid.
phuketrichard wrote:as to caring, when was the last time a owner was online? seems they have left the whole thing in ur hands
and as i stated it mostly runs on auto pilot
GM is man enough to defend himself on this point. You will have to ask him. Regardless of him being here or not, he does not configure the server or anything related to performance.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Whew, hey all.

First, I don't blame you guys at all for your negativity at the moment. Nothing can be more aggravating than a site that's buggy, slow, etc, so I feel your pain.

Haha, no, I definitely haven't abandoned ship or anything like that. As you may know, a new academic year has started where I work. On top of that I've been a bit of a tour guide for some new teachers arriving in Saudi for the first time. I've also had an old buddy arrive here, and I've been showing him around and have also spent this weekend traveling around to help him score some musical equipment that was hard to find.

As stated time and time again, nobody involved in CEO is in it for the money. I believe we all have decent gigs at the moment, and this is something we do for the benefit of all of us.

Seems like the new IT has had his hands full with sorting out old shit first before he can really work his magic.

So yes, I have been busy the past week or so, and yes, I feel terrible that things aren't super smooth with the site at the moment, and yes we're aware of the problems that exist, and yes they're being sorted, and yes I appreciate everyone's feedback on them, and no I don't blame any of you for being a little negative at the moment.

I hope we can look back in a few years and say, "fuck, that was rough, LoL, but things are smooth sailing now!"

I personally apologize for the problems we're having, and I do thank you all for hanging in here with us.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

General Mackevili wrote:Whew, hey all.

First, I don't blame you guys at all for your negativity at the moment. Nothing can be more aggravating than a site that's buggy, slow, etc, so I feel your pain.

Seems like the new IT has had his hands full with sorting out old shit first before he can really work his magic.
That's got to be a lie. Orange Dragon has never made a mistake. Ever. :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic