Best way to buy a used car?

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Best way to buy a used car?

Post by wolfcreek »

Looking for something in the $5,000-$10,000 range, probably Corolla, a Camry, or a small/mediumd SUV. Where to start? I don't see many available on the various expat boards....
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Best way to buy a used car?

Post by StroppyChops »

wolfcreek wrote:Looking for something in the $5,000-$10,000 range, probably Corolla, a Camry, or a small/mediumd SUV. Where to start? I don't see many available on the various expat boards....
Reasonable cars at good prices constantly appear on the expat Facebook groups - I'd start there. Many small- and mid-sized SUVs in your range. Try Phnom Penh Buy and Sell.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

and/or khmeradz.com & khmer24.com
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

My friend wants to buy a Prius , but she heard it's not really good if compare with other cars. Anyone know about Prius ?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

prahkeitouj wrote:My friend wants to buy a Prius , but she heard it's not really good if compare with other cars. Anyone know about Prius ?
Akira knows about Prius.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Thanks I'll ask him then.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

prahkeitouj wrote:My friend wants to buy a Prius , but she heard it's not really good if compare with other cars. Anyone know about Prius ?
Not sure if he has posted the same on here, but on 440 he posted a review: [The Old Forum link removed.]
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I'll read it. Thanks, jaap N.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jaap N. wrote:
Not sure if he has posted the same on here, but on 440 he posted a review: [The Old Forum link removed.]
Cut to the chase. Final comment on that page:
Final Verdict:
If you want something simply reliable and headache free, forget the Prius altogether. If you want something that is mechanically interesting, high tech and don’t mind paying out the nose for parts, then by all means give it a try.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Username Taken wrote:
Jaap N. wrote:
Cut to the chase. Final comment on that page:
Final Verdict:
If you want something simply reliable and headache free, forget the Prius altogether. If you want something that is mechanically interesting, high tech and don’t mind paying out the nose for parts, then by all means give it a try.
I thought about posting that, but decided that she would find out herself, but yes, fair enough. Personally I would not buy one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic