Editing your own post. Is there a time limit?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Editing your own post. Is there a time limit?

Post by Jaap N. »

vladimir wrote:
giblet wrote:I would like to have the option to delete my posts at a later date, if necessary.
You're just chicken.
:lol:
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

General Mackevili wrote:Also, it does show that it's been edited (won't see it in Tapatalk though), so that should help avoid confusion.
That's helpful to know, thanks.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:I guess we can look at changing it if it starts to get abused.

For now I like that members are free to edit their posts at any time. It's your posts, so you have the freedom to edit them when and where you please.

Also, it does show that it's been edited (won't see it in Tapatalk though), so that should help avoid confusion.
I agree. Forum posts are like pissing in a river they should just float away ---- but if someone really wants to change something that might embarrass or incriminate them at a later date they should be able to. The whole "I am going to hold you to your words" mentality is from people who take forums far too seriously. If too worried about a poster changing their post, just "quote" it and it will be embedded in yours.

Yes --- Freedom Please!

#Transpaency too -- hehe
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic