If Asian People Said the Stuff White People Say

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

If Asian People Said the Stuff White People Say

Post by SockPuppet »

:D
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: If Asian People Said the Stuff White People Say

Post by Joon »

I just love how they're doing that!
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

That's hilarious. I've probably said a few of those. :oops:
Bring Back Buck
Expatriate

Post by Bring Back Buck »

:good:

Coolio
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Pure anti white racism. Grouping a skin colour together in a negative light is racism, no question.

Asking someone where they are from is usually based on accent. I ask fellow " whiteys" in my home country where they are from as soon as I hear a slightly different accent.
The admiring of the difficulty in using chopsticks. How the f**k is that insulting? I guess it's ok to be uber amused at kilts though, coz they are from a white culture!!!
All this race whining has to stop, in society.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Funny you get offended. Because Asians and other people of color who were born in the US or other "Western" countries get this routinely and when they point it out, they're told they are being too sensitive.

This clip is not about "racism," it's about making people realize they are saying the stupidest shit to other people.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Joon wrote:Funny you get offended. Because Asians and other people of color who were born in the US or other "Western" countries get this routinely and when they point it out, they're told they are being too sensitive.

This clip is not about "racism," it's about making people realize they are saying the stupidest shit to other people.
I never said it was about racism. I said the video itself was racist. It is.
You can make a video about people saying " stupid shit" , without making it about one skin colour, and making them out in a negative light. Not all whitey's are the same , from The Scottish Highlands to Australia! :facepalm:

I know people in western countries may sometimes be asked " stupid questions"? Native westerners ask each other stupid questions as well!

Being too sensitive - I think they are, a lot of the time. Say I ask a black man in Scotland, who has an English accent " where are you from" ? It means " where are you from in the UK"? I get asked it all the time in the UK, and I'm white. But if the hypothetical black man is one of the type that sees racism everywhere, he may moan and record silly racist youtube videos!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

You got to be able to laugh at yourself when someone points out cringe-worthy speech/behavior on your part. If you can't relate to some of the quotes on the video, then good for you, I guess. No need to take personal insult where none is intended.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I don't think racism can be excused, just because it's anti white racism. Why mention whites? There are native westerners of all skin colours. But they just seem to have a gripe against white people.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I thought it was a lighthearted video, but technically, you can't deny that it's "racist."

They were just pointing out real scenarios that happen in the West and how silly they are.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic